Goodwin

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bptiger25
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Re: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:33 pm

Not really all u were interested in was talking about Arnold , I am more interested in the reds on Friday night , friendly games come and go we are playing for a championship , maybe u should be on the Aussie web page 🤔
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:59 pm

Not really all u were interested in was talking about Arnold , I am more interested in the reds on Friday night , friendly games come and go we are playing for a championship , maybe u should be on the Aussie web page 🤔
I’ve responded saying I think it will fire Goodwin up for Friday night. Let’s find out shall we.
If Goody looks tired Friday night I’ll come on here and say you were right. If he doesn’t will you can come on here and say you were wrong?
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:39 am

Thought that graham arnold , really doesn’t give a rats arse about the a-league, playing Goodwin to the 70 minute, when he has a game which is so important to our chances of a top 2 spot . Been a friendly he could have taken him off at 1/2 time and given another player a chance , but then he’s not a great coach , Australian side played like crap , just my thoughts

It is a bit confusing Bptiger25.

You started this thread dissing Arnold claiming he doesn't give a rat's arse about the A-league and that he is not a great coach because he played Goodwin till the 70th min when he should have rested him at half time for our league game.
Goodwin's name may be in the topic title but it seems to me that the topic is Graham Arnold not Craig Goodwin.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:36 am

I stand by my comments about Goodwin , he should have been rested at 1/2 time . But as u said , if he plays and has a great game I will come on and say so . As for Arnold I don’t think he is a great coach but that’s just my view , and ur entitled to urs as well . Go the reds tonight , hope we are on the same page tonight . 👍
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:30 pm

I wish we lived in a world where mid week games were the norm.

The sooner we get to say an 16 team comp with 30 games across say 26 weeks, the better. Add international breaks and there should be regular mid-week games.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Goodwin

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:09 pm

I wish we lived in a world where mid week games were the norm.

The sooner we get to say an 16 team comp with 30 games across say 26 weeks, the better. Add international breaks and there should be regular mid-week games.
Can't see it working from a fan and telecast perspective. Midweek games are generally less attended.

Don't mind the odd Thursday game in school / summer hols but otherwise we should be aiming for weekend games to maximise viewership.

Just my 2c of course.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:57 pm

Thoughts on Goody tonight fellas?
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:40 am

I didn't really have a problem with how much he played in the friendlies tbh but he did say post match that he was tired and his hip was sore from playing 3 matches in a week so it does support the argument in the original post.

I don't think he played badly at all though. He had so many shots or passes blocked or deflected, was getting ridiculous towards the end!
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:10 am

The point about Goody of the original post was that playing him to 70 minutes risked Adelaide United dropping points against WSW.
We won. The last 30 minutes (fatigue time) we played the game out well and Goody played his part in that, keeping the ball, starting counterattacks. Carl didn’t substitute him.
IMO Goody playing the extra 25 minutes midweek didn’t negatively effect us last night.

Of course he’s more tired than usual after the extra game.
The hip is clearly something that they’ve been managing.
He didn’t have as much impact as some games, but still provided an assist and was a strong (our main) attacking threat.

The only player player ratings I could find was Bet365 (I felt dirty clicking on it), who rated Goody our second best player at 7.8 (behind only Warland).
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:17 pm

Goodwin played well last night and we're lucky to have him. So he didn't score - it doesn't always happen but he was involved in setting goals up.

Arnold is an average coach all round who's had a bit of success. I won't cry when they get someone better.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Ok I said I would come back after the game .thought goodie played well but he did look very tired in the last 20 minutes. I still stand by my 1st post , Arnold had players he could have put on and given a run , with Goodwin having to play a MUST win game for his club , but he snubbed his nose at OUR club , that’s my point
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:57 am

Ok I said I would come back after the game .thought goodie played well but he did look very tired in the last 20 minutes. I still stand by my 1st post , Arnold had players he could have put on and given a run , with Goodwin having to play a MUST win game for his club , but he snubbed his nose at OUR club , that’s my point
All the A-league games last weekend were must win games. Should he have rested ALL the A-league players in the second half?
McGree didn’t start for Middlesbrough in a must win game trying to get auto promotion to the Premier League. But no one on the Boro fans website has suggested McGree should have been rested by Australia.

Arnold has a job to do and IMO he did it impartially, without any ill intent towards our club.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:57 pm

See here’s the difference, I don’t give a rats arse about other teams , I am only thinking about my team and hopefully ur team , we don’t have the talent pool other teams have so a player if goodies talents is very special to us . If u can’t see that then ur not a reds fan
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:10 pm

See here’s the difference, I don’t give a rats arse about other teams , I am only thinking about my team and hopefully ur team , we don’t have the talent pool other teams have so a player if goodies talents is very special to us . If u can’t see that then ur not a reds fan
Not a reds fan? Grow up.

Part of the cost of having good players is that they get selected in national teams. Those players can then improve or sharpen themselves (in skill, tactics and confidence) by training and playing at a higher level, which benefits us when they return.

Does Goody not care about Adelaide United? I mean, shouldn’t he have told Arnold to substitute him at half time? :|

Anyway, I can completely understand you wishing that Goody was substituted at half time. (I may not agree, but it does make sense.) That doesn’t mean Arnold has it in for our club because he didn’t.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:25 pm

Glad we agree to disagree, that’s what a forum is for , cheers

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”