Western United v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Western United v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Interloper Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:04 pm

The conclusion that I'm coming to is that Clough & Ibusuki cannot play together in a functioning forward line, which is a real shame. On their current body of work over their respective spells at the club you would have to say that Hiro has shown more promise, but he's in a deep hole form wise at the moment.
Ibusuki is often in the game but conspicuously lacking the final touch. Clough (last match not withstanding) is usually completely anonymous aside from flashes of talent, and has got off lightly as a result.

Still I think Saturday's performance should be enough to put forward structure debates on hold for a week and maybe consider a more attacking player (Cavallo/Alagich) instead of another holding midfielder next to Isaias next week.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:04 pm

Otto 62 , if u can’t see it for ur self then there’s nothing I can say will convince u . But I will try , there is a reason we play across the back so much and why we get the ball out to Goodwin only to see him pass it all the way back , is because there’s no midfielder that is good enough to take the ball on and drive forward with it . All our chances only come when we get down the wings , and a lot of that is because clough doesn’t show himself enough. Because this is my view only , having played the game all my life and at a decent level .
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:08 pm

Apologies if my comments come across abruptly. That’s not my intention.
Yes, I’m definitely a glass half full kind of bloke. 🙂
But actually I think the glass is 3/4 full.

No doubt Hiro is in a form slump. (But he’s the best striker we have and on his game is almost unplayable.)
No doubt Clough is no Flores or Carrusca or McGree. (But IMO he’s the best attacking midfielder we have and on his game has great touch and vision.)
We’re not going to spend any money, so what we have is what we’ve got.

Despite all this, we score goals for fun and keep on winning. It’s not “lucky”, it’s working hard and to a plan.
And the plan is working.

I do think Alagich has good potential and hope he sees more game time at the right time, but at the expense of Isaias or D’Arrigo rather than Clough.
That would make us more attacking, but I wouldn’t want to see us start losing games by going too attacking either.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:24 am

Cheers , good that we can agree to disagree , main thing is we keep winning no matter how we play , hope to debate u again sometime soon 👍
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:51 pm

Cheers , good that we can agree to disagree , main thing is we keep winning no matter how we play , hope to debate u again sometime soon 👍
Thanks for your gracious response.
I appreciate your insights, even if we didn’t agree this time.
Long may the winning continue.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”