Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby The Claw Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:32 am

A somewhat fortuitous win, but still a win.
Clough has had enough chances IMO, under hit passes a bit too much but just seems to have little chemistry with his team mates and really offers little bar a cute turn here or there.

Not a fan at all and would prefer Alagich or some other local to start over him.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm

A dead-set lucky win. But that's football. A wonder goal from Irankunda. It would be nice to see some of our more seasoned pros remembering why they play and what enlivens the fans. Goody's been off the pace. Halloran looks disinterested - but they still produce. The real issue in central. Clough has a game - but he has no chemistry with any of our other players. Hiro's in a deep hole, even though he works his socks off.
The trouble is, these are the hardest holes to fill. Anyone who has ever played as a forward knows that you rarely get a second chance and everyone thinks they know what you should do. It's a bloody hard place to play. Clough just hasn't clicked - except in patches. And it's been a while now. Trouble is, I can't se any of the young lads having even close to enough class or guile to play there. For me, it's a matter of wait and see. By season's end, Clough will have come good- or not. And the younger options will be that little bit more experienced. Hiro will come good - if we play to his strengths. He has no pace but he's good in the air and can hold a ball up. But our wingers are never close to him and our midfield seems lost.
We can't expect another goal from D'Arrigo for another couple of years! :)
I'd be happy to see at least a half of football with Halloran at CF and Irankunda playing on the wing, with Hiro at 10.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:47 pm

I don't think Clough was abysmal. But thats exactly the sort of game you expect a player like that to excel in, and he was pretty much stifled with very little effort from the opposition.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 pm

I don't think Clough was abysmal. But thats exactly the sort of game you expect a player like that to excel in, and he was pretty much stifled with very little effort from the opposition.
He just gets knocked off the ball so easily. I think his best position is actually out wide where he doesn't have immediate pressure on him, but you can't put him there over Goody or Halloran.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”