Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:57 pm

And that is why you play Nestory.

Wowwwwwwwww.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:57 pm

Absolutely NO RIGHT to score from there.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Adelaide 2-1 Brisbane Roar
85min
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:04 pm

90min

7min added time.

Halloran off
Madanha on
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:13 pm

Game over!

Some Irankunda magic wins it.

No Roots, No Growth!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 pm

EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 pm

Terrible performance. Beggars belief we won.

This is at home to a team that has 1 point in their last 4 and can't score to save themselves. They could have had 3 or 4.

Goody was rubbish, lead boots on.

I've been patient with Clough but he didn't offer anything and doesn't look like he ever will. Yull/Alagich to start over him.

Gauci's weakness has been exposed, work for him on the track this week.

Midfielders were never in it. Defenders shakey all night.

Hiro needs a rest.

Only player who looked up for it was Kitto.

If it wasn't for the freak talent of Nestory and a slice of luck from VAR we lose that comfortably.

Lots of work to do.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:37 pm

That could have - and probably should have - been our banana skin game. The Meow's second goal was correctly ruled out for the foul by Knowles on Gauci. If that had been allowed to stand, we would have lost by a couple.

The roll of the Irankunda die worked, but we can't keep relying on a 16 y.o. kid to win us matches. Interesting that in the after match comments, Nestory said he was disappointed in himself "because I didn't do my job ..." Maybe Carl's tough love, working on Nestory's attitude, has finally sunk in.

I disagree with the above comment on our midfield; D'Arrigo and Clough were finally winning some significant balls in the midfield, which has hardly happened all season and Clough was only inches away from scoring in the first half. At least the opposition were not simply able to run around them tonight. Lots of work ahead for both of them, but it's looking better. Yull did not look out of place either; hopefully noone does a Yengi on him and urinates in his ear about finding a different club. I've had enough of building promising youngsters into good players and then watching them walk out the door.

I would give us a C+ .... a workmanlike, scratchy win, but a win nonetheless. Small steps ...
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:30 am

That could have - and probably should have - been our banana skin game. The Meow's second goal was correctly ruled out for the foul by Knowles on Gauci. If that had been allowed to stand, we would have lost by a couple.

The roll of the Irankunda die worked, but we can't keep relying on a 16 y.o. kid to win us matches. Interesting that in the after match comments, Nestory said he was disappointed in himself "because I didn't do my job ..." Maybe Carl's tough love, working on Nestory's attitude, has finally sunk in.

I disagree with the above comment on our midfield; D'Arrigo and Clough were finally winning some significant balls in the midfield, which has hardly happened all season and Clough was only inches away from scoring in the first half. At least the opposition were not simply able to run around them tonight. Lots of work ahead for both of them, but it's looking better. Yull did not look out of place either; hopefully noone does a Yengi on him and urinates in his ear about finding a different club. I've had enough of building promising youngsters into good players and then watching them walk out the door.

I would give us a C+ .... a workmanlike, scratchy win, but a win nonetheless. Small steps ...
A fair assessment. I must remember there are no easy games in the A-League.

Good teams find ways to win when playing poorly.

Somehow we are up to third and securing a home final would be a great result for this season.

I asked for a win, no injuries and no suspensions and that's what I got, so I shouldn't complain.

(I'm sure someone will pull up sore / pull a hammy at training and miss 6 weeks, but I digress...)
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:06 am

Gauci did look unusually unsettled with a couple of corners. Needs to work on that. I still remember a goal given to Perth when their forward barged into Eugene, basically flattened him, and allowed to stand. With random referee decisions being as such, Gauci needs to catch those, it really was slight contact.

We won’t have to worry about being rescued by a 16 yo for much longer...Irankunda turns 17 shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:04 am

The Gaffer talks.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:30 am

you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:24 pm

Not our best. Rode our luck at times. Overall I thought we were the better team and deserved the win, but Brisbane probably created more of the better chances.

And I agree that Goody was off his game today.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:18 pm

I agree clough is terrible, he needs to pull his finger out , there is no way he should be starting . As for Goodwin he needs to start going forward rather than coming back nearly 80% of the time , is there any chance we can get a couple of replacements as our middle field is in need of a boost .
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:06 pm

I felt the Roar did a good job of nullifying our strengths. Never thought this was going to be our best game as they're definitely a reactive team rather than a proactive one and the way we play suits them. Agree with everyone that we were subpar as well though.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”