Preview: City v Reds 29-01-23

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Preview: City v Reds 29-01-23

Postby EdDog Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:58 am

Popa, Isa, Juande all back for this one.

Hoping to see Popa partner Ansell and D'Arrigo keep his spot. Isa to replace Alagich.

Rest unchanged.

We always seem to play well against City but can't see us getting anything from this game.

They are far too strong and we are not only depleted but in pretty average form.

Will be cheering us along regardless.

COYR!!!
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Preview: City v Reds 29-01-23

Postby RedTide Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:53 am

We are the Kryptonite to MC Petrodollars and have pulled off some miraculous wins, or comebacks to draw, in the past, but this won't be one of them. If we can keep it down to a two goals or less loss, that will be something.

I'm not usually this negative before a match, but I'm struggling to see any positives for us. As it's a home match for them, we can't even laugh at them in their Barnstoneworth kit, which actually rivals the filth's away kit as the worst away kit of all time.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:42 pm

We are the Kryptonite to MC Petrodollars and have pulled off some miraculous wins, or comebacks to draw, in the past, but this won't be one of them. If we can keep it down to a two goals or less loss, that will be something.

I'm not usually this negative before a match, but I'm struggling to see any positives for us. As it's a home match for them, we can't even laugh at them in their Barnstoneworth kit, which actually rivals the filth's away kit as the worst away kit of all time.

Hahaha.... Barnstoneworth :D
Hagerty F; Hagerty R, Tompkins; Noble, Carrick, Robson; Crapper, Dewhurst, McIntyre, Treadmore, Davitt

Comedy gold :)
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:02 pm

Hahaha.... Barnstoneworth :D
Hagerty F; Hagerty R, Tompkins; Noble, Carrick, Robson; Crapper, Dewhurst, McIntyre, Treadmore, Davitt

Comedy gold :)
I was looking for young Eric Olthwaite in the lineup but he’s at Denley Moore isn’t he.

Funny cos I refer to them as Melchester, which was Roy of the Rovers team. Why don’t we have a Rovers? Next franchise should take it up. Western United might be the most boring name ever, Western Rovers would have been better.

Anyway, back to us, we can always jag a goal and hang on for a famous win. Hiro must be due, and Blackwood scores when least expected. Clough is in a rich vein of scoring form. Gauci unbeatable. I predict a better than expected outcome because football is a funny game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:22 pm

We will be set up for a smash and grab job on Sunday so patience and concentration on and off the ball will be vital.

5:00am kick off Central European Time.
Fark ...

Finding a stream will be difficult.
I don't think Sportdigital (Germany) will be streaming the game as it is too early for the locals.
Which station is showing the match down there Ten or Paramount+ ?

Come on United!!!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:55 pm

What we need to do is play attacking football, because if we play around at the back they will catch us out that’s for sure .we need Goodwin and hallahan to take on there back 4 rather than play backwards , can’t score going backwards, we looked good last week going forward hope CV keeps that going .
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:15 pm

Eric Olthwaite .... there's a name I haven't heard in years .... I wonder if we could sign him??
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:17 pm

Well three 2-2 draws couldn’t have been better for us.
Lose and we haven’t lost much ground.
Win and we climb the ladder.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”