Adelaide United v Macarthur FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Macarthur FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:58 pm

Given the injuries and suspensions I think we are in a pretty good position halfway through the season.

VDS, Bernardo, Isa, Juande, Popa, Barr all to come back.

VDS and Bernardo I am most excited about, as they give us depth and something different. A few people are calling for Bernardo to play centrally and I'd like to see what he offers there.

On Clough, agree with both above comments that he's playing well / justifying his signing but also that we should remain cautious. His body has shown in the past it's prone to breaking down for long periods. Hopefully the staff can manage him and get the best out of him.

He really should have ended the game with a goal and a lovely assist, if Hiro didn't miss that gilt-edged chance. What a beautiful curling delivery into the box it was.

Sure he goes missing for periods but so do all players and he is still very much finding his feet.

Onward and upwards!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:19 pm

Yep. I quite like Clough. I think he has been growing into what’s needed to play here in Oz.

I’m still “cautiously optimistic” for this season.
For me Top 6 would be acceptable, top 4 would be excellent & top 2 would be a miracle.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:07 am

I like your cautious optimism Otto 👍
And I much prefer a scrappy win than a crappy draw/ loss any day.
With the squad we have, top 6 would be a good result I reckon.
Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:14 pm

Well it was a great result considering the early send off . But what really got me was we came out to play football, we played forward so much more even when we went down to 10 men . But our short playing game is terrible, whenever we get into there box we can’t find a player it’s like we have never trained together, CV really needs to address this area . But it was a great win .
otto62

Postby otto62 Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:50 am

Well it was a great result considering the early send off . But what really got me was we came out to play football, we played forward so much more even when we went down to 10 men . But our short playing game is terrible, whenever we get into there box we can’t find a player it’s like we have never trained together, CV really needs to address this area . But it was a great win .
Maybe that’s part of what we gain from the experience of Isaias and Juande. They always find space to receive the ball, are always composed, always find a pass that holds possession, play the little triangles accurately. It all looks so effortless.

I feel like Alagich and D’Arrigo as a pair are more forward looking, but can’t find the same composed space/time and lose possession more often. They bring great energy, but it looks more like hard work.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:11 pm

D'Arrigo and Alagich are 21 and 19 respectively. I forgot how young D'Arrigo is given he's played so many games.

These kids are literally 15 years younger than the Spanish midfielders.

They'll get there. Just need more time.
otto62

Postby otto62 Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:02 pm

D'Arrigo and Alagich are 21 and 19 respectively. I forgot how young D'Arrigo is given he's played so many games.

These kids are literally 15 years younger than the Spanish midfielders.

They'll get there. Just need more time.
Completely agree. Not only that, but training with and playing with absolute guns like Isaias and Juande is no doubt supercharging their development. How good would it be if D’Arrigo and Alagich become good enough to be our first choice centre midfield pairing for the next 10 years!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”