Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:15 pm

Adelaide United 1-1 Melbourne Victory

Game over.

That's all she wrote.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:16 pm

Well, we huffed and puffed and put in a big effort, but just couldn’t find that piece of quality for the second goal.
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:18 pm

Irankunda started his game well, but by the end he'd made the wrong choice so many times his teammates refused to pass him the ball.
I think they passed to him plenty … too much at one point, forcing passes. He did plenty that was good, he’s just young and still learning how to choose the best option.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 pm

Disappointing to let that one slip but at least it's a point.

Popa misses next week with his 5th yellow card of the season.

Warland is reportedly back available.
Ansell was "unwell" so if it's a cold he can play next week.
Barr out with a hamstring so 4-6 weeks you'd think.

Can't catch a break can we.
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:20 pm

Irankunda started his game well, but by the end he'd made the wrong choice so many times his teammates refused to pass him the ball.
He is a long way off A League standard most of the time. I question his stamina too, but he can be a handful and his cameos can change the game.

Madanha is already looking far more composed and at the required level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Woy of the Wovers on Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 pm

A draw was probably fair in the end, both teams had some good moments, the football was ok with a fairly high tempo.

- Alagich gives us as much as Clough, I'm not sure a player has frustrated me more than Clough
- Makeshift back 4 looked just that
- Borders aside, Irankunda could do with a loan in Quangdo. The potential is there but he needs a mentor, not so much ignoring Halloran but he didn't check on Rai after smashing the ball to his face, sure it's an accident but it's not a good look. I wasn't a great person at 16 either....
- Ibusuki didn't offer a lot tonight
- Millsy was ok but if he's ever going to take the seat again, for god's sake put a fking suit on, terrible look to have the gaffer dressed like a street thug.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:57 pm

Irankunda cost us two points through either selfish or stupid play tonight. Flashes of skill aren't enough. You could see what Halloran thought. Yes, he's young and exciting but - if you're going to believe your own publicity, you'd better deliver. Not happening.
Poor all round in many ways tonight. Great goal then....tumbleweed. We should not underestimate how bad Victory are right now. And we're no better. Lacking creativity. Ill-disciplined. Carl has some work to do.
Great crowd.
You have to wonder what we saw in Clough. I have wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now I just have doubts.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:54 am

Clough has been a disappointment. Even though seems to have some talent, and plays with the right attitude...

...Which is why I think it's time to take him out of the starting XI and use him as an option of the bench. There's little benefit from starting him, but I believe he could be useful as a substitute.

I still think he was only signed due to a cargo cult devotion to the idea that a 'number 10' is a necessary signing. Every cardinal direction from Clough is a creative player: Ibusuki is very good at holding the ball up and bringing others into the game; Isaias is adept at 'pulling the strings', Both wingers can both create and finish themselves. I don't understand what mystical level of creative play Clough adds on top of this? Particularly when he has none of the other skills that these other players do.

A formation change or more of a "box to box" midfielder would probably be much more useful in the starting XI than Clough's current role.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:52 am

Unfortunately we look like a team on the decline with no investment likely incoming. Older players are all looking like they are declining (isa, Juande, javi), kids generally look not ready and should be learning in the npl or cameo players at best ( madanha looks ready ), CB has never looked more average ( Elsey anyone??) ansell has he played 30 minutes in two years, yet resigned) and we only seem to have about 3 players in their prime.

Piet is a fraud, we get the crowds but as usual the owners plans lasted for about two years and now we have the added anchor of a shit club in China holding the club back from being sold. Pretty clear why Djite left, broken promises.

Be surprised if we arent in the bottom 4 by seasons end.
Juande and Popa both miss due to suspension, maybe I can get a game as CB next week or midfield... there both paper thin 😡
otto62

Postby otto62 Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:22 am

Isa - agree, in decline, but still good (just not great like he has been)
Juande - was excellent last night, the only exception being the petulant yellow card
Javi - yes, on the decline, but still one of the best players in his position in the league
All three are passionate, which I love.

Regarding the kids - kids are never ready before they’re given a chance, they need to be well managed (enough game time, not too much, help them get their attitude right, etc, etc) - I think we do it well and I’m happy seeing local kids being brought through.

Yes, it’s disappointing that the owners are trying to sell, but let’s not re-write history about Bruce leaving. He got an offer he couldn’t refuse.
Woy of the Wovers

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:37 am

Isa - agree, in decline, but still good (just not great like he has been)
Juande - was excellent last night, the only exception being the petulant yellow card
Javi - yes, on the decline, but still one of the best players in his position in the league
All three are passionate, which I love.

Regarding the kids - kids are never ready before they’re given a chance, they need to be well managed (enough game time, not too much, help them get their attitude right, etc, etc) - I think we do it well and I’m happy seeing local kids being brought through.

Yes, it’s disappointing that the owners are trying to sell, but let’s not re-write history about Bruce leaving. He got an offer he couldn’t refuse.
That Committee for Adelaide was a Bullshit Job but it got Bruce to his next job, which is still a Bullshit job but better. He’s capable of something more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:12 pm

Unfortunately we look like a team on the decline with no investment likely incoming. Older players are all looking like they are declining (isa, Juande, javi), kids generally look not ready and should be learning in the npl or cameo players at best ( madanha looks ready ), CB has never looked more average ( Elsey anyone??) ansell has he played 30 minutes in two years, yet resigned) and we only seem to have about 3 players in their prime.

Piet is a fraud, we get the crowds but as usual the owners plans lasted for about two years and now we have the added anchor of a shit club in China holding the club back from being sold. Pretty clear why Djite left, broken promises.

Be surprised if we arent in the bottom 4 by seasons end.
Juande and Popa both miss due to suspension, maybe I can get a game as CB next week or midfield... there both paper thin 😡

Things are never as good or as bad as they seem, we aren't that far away.

The imports all play the right way and appear to have passion (which makes clough even more puzzling/disappointing).

We've got one of the best crop of youngsters in the league and generally they get a chance to strut their stuff.

As for Bruce, I think he'll rue the day. His free market, neo-lib ideals won't run far in this town, he was better suited to running a football club.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:15 am

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:31 am

As for Bruce, I think he'll rue the day. His free market, neo-lib ideals won't run far in this town, he was better suited to running a football club.
I reckon we'll see him preselected for the Libs one of these days. :cry:
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Woy of the Wovers

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Woy of the Wovers Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:16 pm

I reckon we'll see him preselected for the Libs one of these days. :cry:
A sorry end you would currently wish on no man. They are a rabble. Maybe Bruuuuce can sort them out, but I doubt it. They’ve been useless the entire time I’ve lived here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”