Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:13 am

Well that played out pretty well exactly as I forecast.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Jessesdad
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Matchday Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jessesdad Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:29 am

We were pretty diabolical the other night. Beautiful night for football at Coopers and against the Jest....the least we could have asked for was three points.
Popovic and Barr are not gelling well at the moment. Fair enough for Poppa to have a couple of wobbles. He's been playing so far beyond what we might have expected at his age. Alagich was woeful, and why we played him at 10 instead of the man we bought to fill that position was a BIT questionable. When the switch was made we got better. Seriously worried about Javi. He's been brilliant for us but the last few games he just looks a bit short or a bit late on every tackle - and pissed off too. Missing Halloran was huge. I thought we'd monster that left side but we got smashed. Irankunda seems to offer very little other than a few clever bits of footwork, but he's very young yet. Hiro was outmuscled and too late a few times when we had chances. Goody looked totally pissed off with the way the team was playing. George had a George night. Not a lot to celebrate. Kitto was solid and worked hard. Carvallo brought some real energy for a while and is obviously a better back up 10 than Alagich. Clough did ok after a long time away.
Carl has some serious thinking to do. In most leagues the WC break has changed things up and it's done nothing good for us.
Roll on the next home game.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”