Lachlan Brook

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Lachlan Brook

Postby MartinAUFC Mon May 16, 2022 4:59 pm

Bernado must start over Brook on Wednesday night. It pains me to say it as Lachie is a Gawler boy (his Dad once fixed my toilet), but his end product is just not warranting a starting spot. It’s frustrating because he has pace and a bag full of tricks, but he can’t shoot and he very rarely elects to cross.

We need to be mindful too that mini-Cassio is our player – not a loan player contracted to another club. Hence we have a lot more invested in his development than Brook’s.

Which brings me to the broader question – if Brook becomes available next season on another loan, or as a cheap buy back option like McGree, would we want him ? He’s clearly not EPL standard so it could be a possibility.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Lachlan Brook

Postby The Claw Mon May 16, 2022 6:03 pm

All froth and no coffee is Brook.
Extremely frustrating to watch and reckon his teammates get frustrated too, reminds me of a bit of Irankunda, except Nestor is 16 and scores.

Would sign if cheap but needs a bit of polishing does Brook- how old is he btw?
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon May 16, 2022 6:09 pm

Extremely frustrating to watch and reckon his teammates get frustrated too, reminds me of a bit of Irankunda, except Nestor is 16 and scores.

Brook is 21.

I like Brook a lot and think that when he finally breaks his duck, the floodgates will open. He’s one of the most gifted dribblers in Australian football (along with Bernardo), got a fantastic technique and a wand of a left foot.

I hope we sign him permanently because I think he could very easily become a star.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Mon May 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Totally agree with Sub007. If anything, he is trying too hard - and they are just not quite going in.

He actually scored a cracking good goal a couple of weeks ago - and then had it ruled out, because whoever fed him the cross had allowed the ball to cross the byline. Once the first one goes in, though, the floodgates will go in, as Sub007 said.

I want us to sign both Bernardo and Brook. What a pair they would make!
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Lachlan Brook

Postby EdDog Mon May 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Totally agree with Sub007. If anything, he is trying too hard - and they are just not quite going in.

He actually scored a cracking good goal a couple of weeks ago - and then had it ruled out, because whoever fed him the cross had allowed the ball to cross the byline. Once the first one goes in, though, the floodgates will go in, as Sub007 said.

I want us to sign both Bernardo and Brook. What a pair they would make!
+1

Great player, just needs that first one and then he'll be an AU legend.

Sign him up for 3 imo.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue May 17, 2022 12:06 am

I completely disagree, I actually think he is the complete opposite to Irakunda. Brook is very technical, good passer, very creative and fantastic in tight spaces but hasn't got a great end product. Irakunda is rapid, is a good (albeit in a very unorthodox way) dribbler when he gets going, but has an unbelievable shot on him.

To be honest - this might sound harsh but if you were to ask me who is going to go the furthest in their careers out of Brook, Irakunda and Toure. I think it's Brook. Irakunda and Toure remind me of in junior football when you have those guys that develop physically quicker than anyone else and can run so score 40 goals, but you can tell that they're not good enough technically to do it at a higher level. The A-League is also not blessed with many quick centre backs, so it makes it easier for quicker strikers to look really dominant.

But to answer your question, I think Brook has got to start. He's been very good lately just missing the end product. Bernardo has been magnificent every time he's played though this season, think he should be a nailed on starter next year but I would pick Brook Wednesday.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue May 17, 2022 1:15 am

I think Mr. Veart should decide.

But I kinda like the idea of Bernardo coming on in the second half to terrorise their tiring defenders.
It's interesting to have this discussion as it shows what talent we have at the club.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue May 17, 2022 2:03 am

Which brings me to the broader question – if Brook becomes available next season on another loan, or as a cheap buy back option like McGree, would we want him ? He’s clearly not EPL standard so it could be a possibility.
As a young player, Brook is a potential future star. And I'd definitely snap him up if he were available next season. He's started to show more and more of his potential as the season has gone on, and hopefully continues to improve.

But I don't know if AUFC would be interested in that business, as they seem more interested in the "Junior -> Promising Young player" part of the journey, not so much the "Promising Young Player -> Realising potential" part.

Assessing him as a mid-season loan signing though. Total failure. I don't know who his agent is, but they're obviously very good at his job. Brook went from not playing at all at a small club, to not playing at all at a bigger club. And in the process somehow Carlos Kaiser'd himself into being a coveted signing at the start of the season. He's threatened a lot and looked better as the season has gone on, but really has delivered nothing you'd expect from such a signing.
To be honest - this might sound harsh but if you were to ask me who is going to go the furthest in their careers out of Brook, Irakunda and Toure. I think it's Brook. Irakunda and Toure remind me of in junior football when you have those guys that develop physically quicker than anyone else and can run so score 40 goals, but you can tell that they're not good enough technically to do it at a higher level. The A-League is also not blessed with many quick centre backs, so it makes it easier for quicker strikers to look really dominant
Agree on Irankunda at this point in time. Toure has demonstrated far more than Brook though. He's strong as well as quick, and regularly holds off and barges those big slow centre-backs with ease.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue May 17, 2022 6:51 am

I tend to agree with the general consensus that Brook would be well worth signing if the option arose (assuming the price is reasonable).

Despite all of our young, exciting attacking talent, it is the lad at the other end of the pitch in the form of Popovic that has piqued my interest.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Tue May 17, 2022 8:37 pm

Brook gonna kick winning goal in Grand Final now!
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Wed May 18, 2022 4:05 pm

Brook gonna kick winning goal in Grand Final now!

I certainly hope so :D
I'd settle for the winner tonight or on Sunday to be honest :wink:
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Wed May 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Well well, Lachie has been selected for the U23's to play in the Asian Cup. Along with Bernado, D'Arrigo and Gauci.

Shows what I know :?
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm

He’s been playing so well, it’s hard to believe he hasn’t scored in this run of games.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”