Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Interloper Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:46 pm

That Irankunda goal is compensation for having to sit through 90 minutes of that
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Philbyramone Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Nestor was awful until that goal. Everything he touched was a fail. His body language showed he knew it.
Credit to Blackwood for passing to him even though the odds were good that he would butcher it.

I thought we controlled the game and deserved the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Philbyramone on Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Nestor was awful until that goal. Everything he touched was a fail. His body language showed it.
Credit to Blackwood for passing to him even though the odds were good that he would butcher it.

In his interview after the game he said something like when he's dribbling he just looks down at the ball and not up until after he's hit it.

Not really the best approach as it means he wouldn't know where his teammates are. Probably explains why he laces it whenever he gets near goal rather than passes it.

When it works like tonight it's amazing but I reckon there's 9 other times where he should have passed it but it ends up in row z.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:20 pm

Nestor was awful until that goal. Everything he touched was a fail. His body language showed it.

In his interview after the game he said something like when he's dribbling he just looks down at the ball and not up until after he's hit it.

Not really the best approach as it means he wouldn't know where his teammates are. Probably explains why he laces it whenever he gets near goal rather than passes it.

When it works like tonight it's amazing but I reckon there's 9 other times where he should have passed it but it ends up in row z.
Very clear with a lot of young fowards that come through, always looking down just running towards goal and shooting without looking to pass.

There's definitely exceptions to this like Yengi and Bernardo. It can be overcome, M. Toure is much better the more games he gets, just comes down to experience.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:36 pm

That Irankunda goal is compensation for having to sit through 90 minutes of that
True, though a fair bit of credit must go to Reddy who was MOM in my opinion.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby blahblah Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:51 pm

There's definitely exceptions to this like Yengi and Bernardo. It can be overcome, M. Toure is much better the more games he gets, just comes down to experience.
Yes, Nestory has a long way to go and Adelaide is a good place to nurture talent.. We need to remind ourselves he is 16, certainly his inexperience with interviews shines through :D
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Only saw the first half, but didn’t feel like I was “sitting through” anything bad. We looked like the only winner. We scored a good goal. We created chances.
We were obviously resting some players and taking the opportunity to test out a ‘plan B’. All good … provided we win in the end … which we did.

Back up to 4th. 😁👍

3 wins on the bounce. Win our next 2 games (at home) & we go into the finals as the form team.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:12 am

Carl Veart post match.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 am

12.30 am and the replay still isn't available on Paramount.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:01 am

Paramount+ is rubbish. It should be called Paramount-.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:06 am

Of all the streaming services with sport, paramount is by far the worst.
Considering the a-league was it’s big ticket promo for sport, it has zero features and takes longer than any other to upload replays. It’s basically a channel 10 fta broadcast on a paid subscription but at least you can record a 10 fta….
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:36 am

Optus was pretty terrible when it first started, remember they had to give it away for free during the world cup just to keep people happy. It takes time but it would be good if paramount separated sport and entertainment as you open the app, like how you pick profiles for adults/kids on netflix, you can choose sport and go straight to what you want.

Hopefully it will improve, they've acknowledged their issues so we'll see.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Optus was pretty terrible when it first started, remember they had to give it away for free during the world cup just to keep people happy. It takes time but it would be good if paramount separated sport and entertainment as you open the app, like how you pick profiles for adults/kids on netflix, you can choose sport and go straight to what you want.

Hopefully it will improve, they've acknowledged their issues so we'll see.
I'm still getting optus for free as a result of that :D

As well as separating the sport and entertainment, it needs a mechanism to see upcoming events. Particularly with how messed up the schedule has been this season, it's very hard to know when a game is on. I'd have watched a lot more AU matches and ACL matches if it was easy to find them.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:50 pm

i'd rather have a no-frills service that kind of sux balls, like Paramount+, than give money to Fox. Not even joking.

We dominated Perth but just once I would like to see us put a game beyond doubt early on. Agree that Nestory was rubbish until the goal, but yeah - he's 16, he's eligible for the youth team for another 7 years I think, so there is plenty of time for him to learn his trade (and if he can keep smashing in screamers while he does so, I'll be very happy)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:53 pm

Well Nestor has scored three belters from his limited time on the pitch this season, while Brook and Bernardo consistently fail to even test the keeper from outside the box.
I can't remember too many assists from those two either, which is a sad reflection on Brook in particular considering where he's been for the last couple of years.
Happy to see him continue to provide the X factor off the bench against tiring defences for now, but it won't take much of a development of his all round game to offer more than numbers 77 and 31 are at the moment.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”