Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Well said, JD. 8)
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:52 pm

Agree CV is getting a lot out of this heavily depleted squad. On paper we would have to be one of the weakest teams in the top 6 (maybe even league) but we are playing above ourselves.

I do fear this isn't a sustainable game plan and the wheels could fall off if confidence slips.

CV has improved a lot since last year in his game management and subs too.

I would like to see us play through the middle a bit more often rather than his staple "winger and overlapping wingback play" as I feel it can be too easy to defend at times. That said we probably don't have the cattle in midfield to do it.

Football's funny isn't it. If SFC score their chances, we lose 3 or 4 to 1 and would be nearly out of finals. They don't capitalise and we steal the points and it's Corrica who is on the chopping block instead of CV.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:23 am

So sweet.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:04 pm

I would like to see us play through the middle a bit more often rather than his staple "winger and overlapping wingback play" as I feel it can be too easy to defend at times. That said we probably don't have the cattle in midfield to do it.

I agree with this and I think Clough has it in him to provide it. I keep waiting for him to start linking up with Ibusuki more often but it just hasn't happened for some reason.
I would have thought with them both having played at a higher level they would start to work some combinations in and around the box. Hopefully they click soon.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby EdDog Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:01 pm

I agree with this and I think Clough has it in him to provide it. I keep waiting for him to start linking up with Ibusuki more often but it just hasn't happened for some reason.
I would have thought with them both having played at a higher level they would start to work some combinations in and around the box. Hopefully they click soon.
I feel the same about Clough. I've seen a few posts from people online saying the same at other clubs. Waiting for him to break out but never being able to.

Hopefully he can do it here. However, time is running out with this season and I don't know he'd stick around during our infamously long off-season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”