Adelaide United v Macarthur FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Adelaide United v Macarthur FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:17 am

Good game for many reasons .... but the officiating in the A-League continues to be a reason not to turn up. I know that the referees have the hardest game on the pitch, but the lack of consistency is as frustrating as it is angering. AUFC players have been given more yellow cards than every other team in the league, but we are by no means a dirty side. Let's all look significantly at Western United and the filth at this point ....

That CV continues to pull results from the third string side is incredible. We should not have a hope against any top 4 side but we continue to compete, continue to threaten and continue to exceed expectations. The current side is not remotely like the side that he and Ross A would have pictured and then built over the pre-season, but the Mk III version of AUFC 2022 looks like a team that can cause problems to every other team in the league. There is not one team that would look forward to playing us and the current top side, MC Petrodollars, actually dreads playing us.

For the Friday night match, special mentions have to go to Cavallo, Ibusuki and Brook, who is only one goal away from exploding. He will be the next Goody. It was also the best match that Caletti has played for us; I had always thought of him as a journeyman squaddie, but he is forcing himself into first team contention. The competition for places is real and it is growing.

Question for next season - will James Delianov be able to push Joe Gauci aside? Not sure that that is a given ....
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:38 am

I love that Brook really seems to be thriving, he seems like a good humble kid too - much more in the Goody / Halloran mould than Mauk.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:32 pm

Adelaide United 1-0 Macarthur FC
90min

Did Toure leave United because we could only offer him a position on the wing with?
Is it any different at MAC?
Toure left because he wanted to play wing as it’s his preferred and natural position but Carl refused. I personally don’t think Carl’s refusal makes sense as Al Hassan would’ve been our 4th choice striker but probably our third choice winger and would’ve got minutes off the bench every week plus the odd start had he played him where he wanted to be played.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Adelaide United v Macarthur FC Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:34 pm

Adelaide United 1-0 Macarthur FC
90min

Did Toure leave United because we could only offer him a position on the wing with?
Is it any different at MAC?
Toure left because he wanted to play wing as it’s his preferred and natural position but Carl refused. I personally don’t think Carl’s refusal makes sense as Al Hassan would’ve been our 4th choice striker but probably our third choice winger and would’ve got minutes off the bench every week plus the odd start had he played him where he wanted to be played.
Not the reason that he left, the whole wing thing was just agreed pr between the club and the player

In a similar vein to when troisi left and it was he said, she said shenanigans

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”