Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:42 pm

I agree with all CV said.

Thought our players put in a good effort, especially considering the late outs.
One off the post, two cleared off the line, one strong header straight at the keeper, a couple of chances in the box where the ball just didn’t fall kindly for us.

We were playing football. They were wasting time from the moment they scored their goal (players and coaching staff).

Disgusting that the ref & linesman missed that assault on Toure.
Shocking that the ref didn’t go back & book they player when he deliberately chopped our player down when we broke.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:40 am

Some things I noted:

I thought the start of the game, prior to Toure's injury, was a sign of what could have been last week if Veart weren't overly cautious with Goodwin.

Surprised more wasn't made from the Spiranovic/Toure incident. Officials from more physical sports would have been on top of that the moment the arm was pulled backwards.

See also: Spiranovic taking goal kicks but not the one getting the yellow card (his second) when the goal kick was taken too slowly.

Still not sure why getting Brook back on loan was seen as some sort of masterful signing. But he's looking more dangerous as the season progresses.

Is Cavallo being instructed to (not) defend the way he is. He was never this lax on getting back into position last season?

Dukuly coming on before Irankunda was a strange one.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:37 am

Yes it was, but not as strange as Caletti coming on for Toure. Our XG must have gone down by half a goal. The guy offers nothing in an attacking sense, perfectly showcased by that run through on goal where he basically dribbled it back to the keeper. Then he suffered the ignominy of being subbed off after being a sub himself. Not sure what Carl was thinking there. I guess he thought Kasumovic was too similar a player to Ibusuki to bring him on at that point.

All in all a frustrating night, The lads gave it everything but you have to hand it to the tards, they defended well.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:09 am

Cavallo was terrible as per usual, he's really gone backwards since having the attention of the world on him

He got booed pretty hard by the victory fans every touch of the ball as well
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 am

Caletti was and still is a nothing signing and offers nothing at all, could not believe he was brought on to replace Toure! WTF was CV thinking there.....

As for the game, played well without ever really looking like scoring. Squad really does look bare, so was as god as expected but it is also times like these where squad depth always seems to be AU's achilles heel. Still maintain we have too many kids in what is supposed to be a professional squad, a few more professionals under new owners with 3-4 youngsters to round out would be a lot better. The kids still can be brought in as needed on scholarships etc, but enough is enough with this model IMO.

As for Cavallo at LB, seems to always cost goals and gets lost too often, much more suited to midfield or LM, but was also muchmuch better at LB last season... definitely gone off the boil and as we say every year for the last 10, any chance of the club signing a proper LB for once??

Pretty poor crowd too by the looks of it, not full despite the East being out of action against our biggest rivals. Also what has happened to the red army? Out sung, disorganised and gone downhill big time! A lot of work for the club and league to do this off season including sorting out this Pramount situation and ads during play on channel 10, just awful would be my summation of the new TV deal to date in many regards but with lots of potential if sorted.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:42 am

what has happened to the red army? Out sung, disorganised and gone downhill big time! .
More than likely to do with who's in charge of them now, horrible decision

Lot of the older rusted on members are disillusioned
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:49 pm

As for the game, played well without ever really looking like scoring.
Thought we looked like scoring a few times …
Brook hitting post, Ibusuki’s header straight at the keeper, Brook shooting just past the post, and the one they scrambled off the line … just off the top of my head.

Agree. I thought our patched up team played well. You can’t plan for 4 out of 5 centre backs to be out at the same time.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:02 pm

As for the game, played well without ever really looking like scoring.
Thought we looked like scoring a few times …
Brook hitting post, Ibusuki’s header straight at the keeper, Brook shooting just past the post, and the one they scrambled off the line … just off the top of my head.

Agree. I thought our patched up team played well. You can’t plan for 4 out of 5 centre backs to be out at the same time.
This! We had a lot of good chances but the Victory keeper (who - as per usual - acted the complete dick at the end of the match) did a decent job when he wasn't pretending to be injured. And they defended brilliantly. Which we might have if we hadn't got four centre-backs out. Isa was huge and Timo was fine and the team did their best.
Calletti was the weirdest sub. Kasumovic looked good when he came on and I can't imagine why he wasn't used earlier. Brook was doing well and Hiro was also holding up. Subs for subs sake seems a strange thing.
But considering the reffing, 1-0 was ok. The ref screaming at Isa was amusing but just about as unprofessional as I've ever seen in 50 odd years of watching football.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:50 pm

Yes it was, but not as strange as Caletti coming on for Toure. Our XG must have gone down by half a goal. The guy offers nothing in an attacking sense, perfectly showcased by that run through on goal where he basically dribbled it back to the keeper. Then he suffered the ignominy of being subbed off after being a sub himself. Not sure what Carl was thinking there. I guess he thought Kasumovic was too similar a player to Ibusuki to bring him on at that point.

All in all a frustrating night, The lads gave it everything but you have to hand it to the tards, they defended well.
It was an early sub, so I figured it was because Caletti was literally the only sub fully match fit/old enough to run out the game from that point. Aside from maybe Dukuly, who I genuinely thought was no longer with the club for some reason. So I can see the logic.

But some reshuffling was probably in order though. Given the squad was already a mess I'd have trusted one of Isaias/Juande to do an ad hoc job there for part of a game.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:58 pm

I too would have probably gone for a more exciting sub but I think the reason CV went for Caletti was that Mo was playing as the 9 and Hiroshi as a sort of 10 and all the kids on the bench are not seen to be ready to play there. Was the more conservative choice to move Hiro to 9 and have Caletti in the 10 position.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:28 am

I'd have moved Brook to #10 and chucked on a winger.
Likewise, it was good to see Kasumovic get his debut I don't think subbing of Hiro was the right move in that game, he was still throwing his weight around and looking like one of our only avenues to goal.

Anyway. Bare bones squad so options were very limited, it's just annoying because we did not deserve to lose that match
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:45 pm

Likewise, it was good to see Kasumovic get his debut I don't think subbing of Hiro was the right move in that game, he was still throwing his weight around and looking like one of our only avenues to goal.

You obviously didn't spot Hiro trudging back from the last attack before he got subbed. He was completely gassed. Probably the effects of covid, even though they said he didn't suffer any symptoms.
I agree on the Brook moving to the 10 spot. I think he could be better suited to that role than playing out wide anyway.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:55 pm

You obviously didn't spot Hiro trudging back from the last attack before he got subbed. He was completely gassed. Probably the effects of covid, even though they said he didn't suffer any symptoms.
I agree on the Brook moving to the 10 spot. I think he could be better suited to that role than playing out wide anyway.
You're right - I missed that!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”