CC Mariners v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: CC Mariners v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Well it was a case of "live by the sword, die by the sword" last night. Gauci has made some crucial interceptions in his sweeper keeper role this season, it was probably inevitable that he would get one wrong sooner or later.

I agree with the consensus on the subs. They left us with no focal point up front, and undermined the defensive solidity we had shown. But it's hard to point the finger completely at the coach when the GK gets a relatively early red and you're already trying to cope with so many availability issues.

Now we face MV with a third string keeper and a patched up defence :(
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Timotheou made no major stuff ups. Hopefully Popovic recovers sufficiently to be on the bench again. It makes us very slow at the back, especially compared to Victory’s pace up front, but I don’t think CV has any other choice.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: CC Mariners v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Sorry bpowell not sure if this is a joke or not but there will be spoilers in the jamboree haha. Might be best to stay off this thread
Definitely a joke haha. I held out until 12:30am and still no replay or mini match available. So I caved and watched the 3 minute highlight package. Boy am I glad they didn't have the full replay up at midnight because I would have watched the whole thing and been extra tired and grumpy this morning.

Always tough when the GK gets an early red but they seemed to be all over us until then too. Our good run of form seems to be over, personnel issues again costing us points (3 wins in a row, then an L, scoreless Draw and a bad loss to CCM). 3 tough games to come. Hopefully we get some players back soon.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:44 pm

Thankfully lots of home games, so hopefully the crowd can be the 12th man and make it Fortress Hindmarsh.
Now is when our team will need it. Backs to the wall with the sides we’ll be able to field.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”