Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:52 pm

We really are hard to please.
3 wins in a row, reclaim 3rd place, never looked like losing (the draw looked likely though), late winner (proving yet again our resilience, fitness, attitude to get the win).
Gold.

Not sure how you can say we never looked like losing when they had 10 shots on target to 2 and missed at least 2 sitters. If we don't tighten things up defensively we will get punished by the top sides, just like against the Bulls the other week.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:26 pm

3 wins in a row, reclaim 3rd place, never looked like losing (the draw looked likely though), late winner (proving yet again our resilience, fitness, attitude to get the win).
Gold.

Not sure how you can say we never looked like losing when they had 10 shots on target to 2 and missed at least 2 sitters. If we don't tighten things up defensively we will get punished by the top sides, just like against the Bulls the other week.
Echo these comments. It did feel like nothing was going to go in for Newy but they had far and away more gilt-edged chances than us.

We score 2 from our 2 and they score 1 from their 10. The 1 being the scrappiest of the lot too.

I think we were saved by some really good keeping and finishes that went straight to the keeper. Either side and it could have been a cricket score.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Gold.

Thanks Martin.
Not sure how you can say we ever looked like losing when we weren’t behind during the whole game?
Yes, we need to not give away as many clear cut chances. Often we ride our luck at the back. Of course we want our defence to be better. Constant improvement should be (and appears to be) our aim.

Of the top two sides, very respectable:
Melb City - 1W 2D
Western - 1L (1-0 away)

Of the other top 6 sides, not great, but not demolished by:
Victory - 1D (away) 2L (home, both 1-2)
Sydney - 1L (home, 1-2)

MacArthur’s 4-1 (away) result is our only loss by more than a single goal.

I like it that we’re a side that goes for it, but let’s face it that wil always leave us more exposed at the back than we might like.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:26 pm

Ah yes FFA Cup. We still have another home match vs Melb Vic on 2nd April.

Looks like we play WSW away after we play them at home tomorrow 😄
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Gold.

Thanks Martin.
Not sure how you can say we ever looked like losing when we weren’t behind during the whole game?
Yes, we need to not give away as many clear cut chances. Often we ride our luck at the back. Of course we want our defence to be better. Constant improvement should be (and appears to be) our aim.

Of the top two sides, very respectable:
Melb City - 1W 2D
Western - 1L (1-0 away)

Of the other top 6 sides, not great, but not demolished by:
Victory - 1D (away) 2L (home, both 1-2)
Sydney - 1L (home, 1-2)

MacArthur’s 4-1 (away) result is our only loss by more than a single goal.

I like it that we’re a side that goes for it, but let’s face it that wil always leave us more exposed at the back than we might like.

No worries Otto :)
I would say that we definitely looked like losing during that second half when the Jets were dominating at 1-1 and carving us up seemingly at will.
Having said that, as you rightly point out by listing our record, we haven't been thrashed by anyone except by MacArthur, and that was probably an anomaly with Isiais and Juande both out and only D'Arrigo screening the back 4.
It's just I can't help imagining Jamie McLaren being on the end of some of those chances that Newy butchered the other night and it makes me shudder :(
I also enjoy Carl's "kitchen sink" tactics late in games, makes for an entertaining spectacle for sure :D
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 pm

What we wouldn’t give for a McLaren!

I’m impressed by Ibusuki though. He’s only 10 games into the A-league experience and he’s hit the ground running. I think we’re still getting used to how to use him best and hope that we’ll see even better over the remaining games.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”