Preview: Adelaide United - Newcastle Jets / Adelaide United -Melbourne Victory 13.03.22

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Preview: Adelaide United - Newcastle Jets / Adelaide United -Melbourne Victory 13.03.22

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:03 am

Finals!
Dylan Holmes talks to the media

Get out and support the AU women
6:05am kick off CET

Double header.

Ryan Kitto,

9:15am kick off CET

Come on United!!!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Preview: Adelaide United - Newcastle Jets / Adelaide United -Melbourne Victory 13.03.22

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:03 pm

ALW with a huge game against MV. Touched them up 3-0 last time out so you'd hope we get the job done.

ALM another must-win game against lower opposition. Many of the teams with games in hand are climbing the ladder. I still think we will finish 6th or 7th this season so must win these games at home to secure a top 6 spot.
sevengoals

Re: Preview: Adelaide United - Newcastle Jets / Adelaide United -Melbourne Victory 13.03.22

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:08 pm

AUW will have to deal with both Melbourne teams.

Come on United!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:08 pm

Melbourne City in the ALW received two red cards in their loss to Sydney meaning if we get over MV we will play them without two of their regulars. Huge opportunity presents.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:26 pm

would’ve loved if the order of these games was flipped, and the men were the curtain raiser for the women

bit of a risk, but I think it could’ve payed off… especially if the men had a positive result, you’d imagine a decent chunk would stick around

ah well… next time!

also, with the stadium works going on, I wonder if the club at any point considered swapping the broadcast cameras to the eastern side… they’ve done it for cup games before
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:28 pm

Gauci
Lopez Barr Jakobsen Kitto
Isaias Juande
Bernardo Clough Goodwin
Ibusuki

Hall, Tratt, Popovic, Konstand, Irankunda, Blackwood, Toure

Brook only just got out of iso while Cavallo’s absence wasn’t explained.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 am

Starting to look a bit thin with Mauk moving on. Clough has had ample time to settle in so now has to step up and show us what he's worth.

Hopefully we can get some of the long term injuries back soon.

Cavallo and Brook are reasonably big outs from a depth perspective.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:21 am

would’ve loved if the order of these games was flipped, and the men were the curtain raiser for the women

bit of a risk, but I think it could’ve payed off… especially if the men had a positive result, you’d imagine a decent chunk would stick around

ah well… next time!

also, with the stadium works going on, I wonder if the club at any point considered swapping the broadcast cameras to the eastern side… they’ve done it for cup games before
Why?

The women don't draw a crowd, compared to the men's team

They never have, they never will - unless tickets are free
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:05 am

ah well… next time!

Why?

The women don't draw a crowd, compared to the men's team

They never have, they never will - unless tickets are free

Why?

It's Adelaide United.
It's finals football.
I think it would be great to have the AUW finals game as the headliner.

Hindmarsh would be pumping.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”