Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:29 am

Missed the game but stoked to wake up to see us get up 2-1.

Thought we were lucky for Hiro's goal not to be called a foul. Regardless he seems to be turning into the CF goal poacher we've been craving.

Boy, Toure is just all power isn't he.

Should have probably kept a clean sheet too but nevertheless a huge 3 points on the road.

Clough and Brook to come back in next week too!
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:28 am

The Paramount replay wasn't available until after midnight Adelaide time. Please also lodge a complaint if you find that unacceptable. support@paramountplus.com
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:05 am

Thought we were lucky for Hiro's goal not to be called a foul. Regardless he seems to be turning into the CF goal poacher we've been craving.

Should have probably kept a clean sheet too but nevertheless a huge 3 points on the road.

I was with you on Hiro when I saw the replay. We were lucky - in this league with these refs. In pure football terms a great header in a tight physical contest. He puts in that lad! Toure's goal was a brilliant display of his gifts but also benefitted from some very poor keeping. Considering Jacko's brain-snap (albeit completely outpaced by Pacifique) we had some luck last night. But we did it without our 10 and with some style. I'm really liking this team at the moment.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:28 pm

Good performance away from home and the win was well deserved. Hiro is already one of the better strikers we’ve had and Vito needs to give him a new deal asap (same with Yengi). We will be so dangerous when we have both fit and firing.

Gauci’s save of Fornaroli was brilliant and he is fast becoming an outstanding goalkeeper. He’ll definitely be playing overseas in a few years.

Mo did Mo things off the bench and we should enjoy him while we still have him.

I also am much more impressed with Veart’s management this season. Not only does the team now have a never say die attitude, we also don’t fold anymore when we have players out. His team selections have also been much, much better.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:32 pm

I was with you on Hiro when I saw the replay. We were lucky - in this league with these refs. In pure football terms a great header in a tight physical contest. He puts in that lad! Toure's goal was a brilliant display of his gifts but also benefitted from some very poor keeping. Considering Jacko's brain-snap (albeit completely outpaced by Pacifique) we had some luck last night. But we did it without our 10 and with some style. I'm really liking this team at the moment.
Fagani lets a lot go so I wasn't surprised it was allowed to stand. On the flipside, I'm not convinced every referee would give that penalty against Jako even though I have no complaints about it.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Fagani lets a lot go so I wasn't surprised it was allowed to stand. On the flipside, I'm not convinced every referee would give that penalty against Jako even though I have no complaints about it.
Yeh I think it was one of those ones that VAR wouldn't intervene if it was given or not. Could see it both ways so don't have any complaints.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Perth Glory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:12 pm

Good performance away from home and the win was well deserved. Hiro is already one of the better strikers we’ve had and Vito needs to give him a new deal asap (same with Yengi). We will be so dangerous when we have both fit and firing.

Gauci’s save of Fornaroli was brilliant and he is fast becoming an outstanding goalkeeper. He’ll definitely be playing overseas in a few years.

Mo did Mo things off the bench and we should enjoy him while we still have him.

I also am much more impressed with Veart’s management this season. Not only does the team now have a never say die attitude, we also don’t fold anymore when we have players out. His team selections have also been much, much better.
Good assessment.

Agree with all this, particularly Carl's performance this season.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Super!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”