Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:16 pm

We needed a Juande or Isaias alongside D’Arrigo in the second half to hold the ball a bit and win a share of possession.
MacArthur out-Adelaided us with their high press.
Interloper

Re: RE: Re: Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Interloper Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:23 pm

Mediocre game, exposed all Adelaide's weaknesses.

Adelaide somehow seem to go into games totally inflexible off the bench despite 7 subs.
Timotheou mouthing off at Gauci and others for minor brainfades was only ever going to end one way.
D'Arrigo, while still promising, absolutely should be the 4th choice for that position. Nowhere near the class of Isaias or Juande. And Caletti IMHO knows his limitations much better. (I'd even probably start Mauk there ahead of him if there were attacking replacements.)
Brook reminds me of Kitto early in his career. Looks great when the opposition permit him to do what he wants, but the moment his first choice is off the table he's out of options.
Mauk looks like the most dangerous player in the A-League for the 5 minutes a game he's fully fit. Then there's a strong breeze that aggrevates the 25 recurring injuries he has and he spends the rest of the game jogging, 10 seconds behind the play. In a way I'm surprised he passed the fitness test for his new club.
Weakest CB pairing we've had in a long long time. Change my mind. We were lucky in the first, that's definitely run out now.
As a pairing it's no context. Individually neither are worse than Bodrusic who is our worst import of all time in my opinion.
Worst visa with no context I'd agree but I'd say players like Guardiola and Andwele Slory both had massive potential to be amazing in this league and we got absolutely nothing from them....

Hmmm.... no Bodrusic still pretty bad haha
Bodrusic was bad, but at least he visibly tried, unlike Slory or Guardiola. It wasn't his fault Coolen was pulling some mystifying 5-dimensional con job trying to pass off a local league player as a Croatian international.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: RE: Re: Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby blahblah Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:02 pm

Bodrusic was bad, but at least he visibly tried, unlike Slory or Guardiola. It wasn't his fault Coolen was pulling some mystifying 5-dimensional con job trying to pass off a local league player as a Croatian international.
Raise you and see you; Yongbin Chen.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:20 pm

Somehow we remain 3rd (although our true position is 7th).
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:23 pm

We got exactly what I and many other expected from Yongbin Chen. The only surprise was when he was used as a linesman after half time in of the 3rd string friendlies he played in.

I was very disappointed that the club threw away a visa spot like that, why not sign an actual playable Chinese player?
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Macarthur FC v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby mcjules Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:25 pm

We got exactly what I and many other expected from Yongbin Chen. The only surprise was when he was used as a linesman after half time in of the 3rd string friendlies he played in.

I was very disappointed that the club threw away a visa spot like that, why not sign an actual playable Chinese player?
Agreed he was a waste of a visa spot but there was never any intention of him playing. Similarly, Inseob Shin never reached any heights but he wasn't coming in as an experienced player. We were his first pro deal.

If we're talking biggest disappointments due to their CVs, Guardiola, Palanca and Slory are all up there (though we knew Slory was a gamble). If we're talking about an experienced player that was clearly no where near A-league (or even NPL1) level, Bodrusic is it by the length of the straight.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:31 am

Guardiola and Palanca were both good players. Guardiola didn't have anywhere near the competence he needed around him, while Palanca just started to gel by the time his contract was up. Slory was atrociously managed by Rini Coolen.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:12 am

"Not good enough ..."

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”