Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Match Day experience comment for those that were there. Why is the music so bloody loud before the game ???
You can hardly make yourself heard to the person sitting next to you. It's a football match, not a rock concert ffs !
Just a bit of background noise is all that's required. Then you can easily discuss how you think the game is going to go with your mates and the Red Army can try and build some atmosphere before kick off.

Or am I just getting old ? :-? :scr:
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jessesdad Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:03 pm

Match Day experience comment for those that were there. Why is the music so bloody loud before the game ???
You can hardly make yourself heard to the person sitting next to you. It's a football match, not a rock concert ffs !
Just a bit of background noise is all that's required. Then you can easily discuss how you think the game is going to go with your mates and the Red Army can try and build some atmosphere before kick off.

Or am I just getting old ? :-? :scr:
Yeah, I really noticed that last night. Usually we sit in the eastern stand but now we're in the Northern stand the sounds levels are way higher.
Of course it might be to hide the fact that the Red Army hardly makes any noise. :)
But I'm old....
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:32 am

I didn't have high expectations from Barr. He's essentially a 3rd choice defender. His passing was too wayward and his positioning was pretty average.

But this was his first game in the A-League against one of the best teams in the league.

I still don't understand why Timo wasn't played but we should cut Barr some slack. He won't be a regular feature and he wasn't signed as one.
For 2 reasons, because timotheu is average and no team in the world plays 2 left sided centrebacks in defence
I would have played Timo over Barr. Surely the better player gets selected?

Why are 2 left footers any different from two right footers?
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:37 am

I didn't have high expectations from Barr. He's essentially a 3rd choice defender. His passing was too wayward and his positioning was pretty average.

But this was his first game in the A-League against one of the best teams in the league.

I still don't understand why Timo wasn't played but we should cut Barr some slack. He won't be a regular feature and he wasn't signed as one.
For 2 reasons, because timotheu is average and no team in the world plays 2 left sided centrebacks in defence

Agreed. George is streets ahead of Barr on that showing.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:34 am

Given Timotheou wasn't even picked on the bench and has fallen behind both of Barr and Popovic in the pecking order, his days at the club are surely numbered.

When Timotheou has played, we have only won 3 out of 16 league games he's played in and that's not a coincidence.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”