Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:11 pm

Adelaide United 2-2 Melbourne City

game over
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:12 pm

And that's it. A pulsating game and wow, don't we have some talent on the right!
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm

Phew! You need a good heart to support Adelaide. Another exciting game that we could have got 3 points from if Goody put that penalty away.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby Philbyramone Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:22 pm

Crowd starting to boo Blackwood... prove them wrong and gives us the shush then mate
Hahahaha we got the finger wag instead of the shush
It’s poor form giving our own player stick at Hindmarsh.
Moan about him here if you want, but get behind him on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Crowd starting to boo Blackwood... prove them wrong and gives us the shush then mate

As a paying spectator you're entitled to boo whoever you want, as long as it doesn't cross the line to racial/homophobia.

Blackwood has been poor whenever he's been on the pitch, but that's partly because he's not a striker
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Blackwood played like an actual striker for what seemed like 5 minutes and look what happened 😀
As for the pen, I was hoping goody hit it full power not a predictable stutter again but overall a draw a fair result.
Nice debut too Hiro
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Nice debut too Hiro
Indeed.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:45 pm

That was an opportunistic goal by Hiroshi! It is far too early to judge him on his brief cameo. United fans can just hope that he has the quality to score consistently. Promising debut.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:26 am

Post match.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:12 am

That was an opportunistic goal by Hiroshi! It is far too early to judge him on his brief cameo. United fans can just hope that he has the quality to score consistently. Promising debut.
Good to get the goal early in his stint with us. Shakes off the nerves and now he can just focus on settling in.

Great heart to comeback twice in the match against an elite squad.

We're still picking up points but do need a few 3s to come our way soon.
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:29 am

As a paying spectator you're entitled to boo whoever you want, as long as it doesn't cross the line to racial/homophobia.

Blackwood has been poor whenever he's been on the pitch, but that's partly because he's not a striker
I am sure the club would prefer it’s supporters were better than that. How is booing our own players helping in any way? Sure you can boo, but you’re not a supporter if you do.

AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 am

I am sure the club would prefer it’s supporters were better than that. How is booing our own players helping in any way? Sure you can boo, but you’re not a supporter if you do.

Booing your own team doesn't make you any less a supporter.

It happens all over the world, look at Everton overnight as a example- especially with a fan running on the pitch to confront benitez.

Blackwood trys hard, but he hasn't got it - he's never had it.

I'm not going to clap or support a player who can't control a simple pass or get on the end of a cross that he is expected to. - that's setting the precident of rewarding mediocracy, why would anyone wanna support that for?

He trains twice a day and earns 6 figures a year, controlling a ball he should be able to do with his eyes closed

The ricocheted goal and shirt pull in thr box doesn't paper over how ineffective and inadequate he's been whenever he's been on the park

The groans and boos were loud last night at him, I watched the replay after I got home from the match and they could be heard on TV as well.

Cavallo and d'arrigo both have lost their spots because they've been terrible this year, now that Hiroshis here, hopefully we don't see much more of Blackwood

Next player to be dropped shoukd be tratt. Too error prone and terrible passing - time to give Barr a go as the right side centreback
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 am

It happens all over the world, look at Everton overnight as a example- especially with a fan running on the pitch to confront benitez.

I'm not going to clap or support a player who can't control a simple pass or get on the end of a cross that he is expected to. - that's setting the precident of rewarding mediocracy, why would anyone wanna support that for?

He trains twice a day and earns 6 figures a year, controlling a ball he should be able to do with his eyes closed

The ricocheted goal and shirt pull in thr box doesn't paper over how ineffective and inadequate he's been whenever he's been on the park

The groans and boos were loud last night at him, I watched the replay after I got home from the match and they could be heard on TV as well.

Cavallo and d'arrigo both have lost their spots because they've been terrible this year, now that Hiroshis here, hopefully we don't see much more of Blackwood

Next player to be dropped shoukd be tratt. Too error prone and terrible passing - time to give Barr a go as the right side centreback

I agree with all of this except the justification for booing your own player. It's counter productive as it's just going to dent his confidence and encourage the opposition. Of course you pay your entrance fee and that gives you every right to voice your opinion, but it's just not helping the team your profess to support.

The only time it may be warranted would be if the player doesn't look like he's giving 100% or obviously has care factor zero. That's definitely when the crowd should be letting them know it's unacceptable.

Otherwise, if the player is trying his best but obviously isn't good enough (e.g. Blackwood), then it's the coaching staff who should get the brunt of the criticism if they persist in selecting them when there are other options available. And of course the recruitment team for signing them in the first place which is quite baffling in this particular instance as he showed very little in his first spell at the club.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby mcjules Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 pm

I agree with all of this except the justification for booing your own player. It's counter productive as it's just going to dent his confidence and encourage the opposition. Of course you pay your entrance fee and that gives you every right to voice your opinion, but it's just not helping the team your profess to support.

The only time it may be warranted would be if the player doesn't look like he's giving 100% or obviously has care factor zero. That's definitely when the crowd should be letting them know it's unacceptable.

Otherwise, if the player is trying his best but obviously isn't good enough (e.g. Blackwood), then it's the coaching staff who should get the brunt of the criticism if they persist in selecting them when there are other options available. And of course the recruitment team for signing them in the first place which is quite baffling in this particular instance as he showed very little in his first spell at the club.
100%. I don't think you can fault him for his effort.

On him, he wasn't signed to be the starting striker. In my opinion he did a decent job at being the target guy to help the team get out of trouble. He did manage to get on the score sheet too. There's a lot of Bruce about him to me (but not quite as good), I think the coaches see him fullfilling a role satisfactorily.

I enjoyed seeing Bernardo again. Doesn't really have the pace to be a winger but looking forward to when he's got the strength to play in the middle then we've got a very special player on our hands.
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:25 pm

We disagree then. To me, booing your own player makes you less of a supporter. Perhaps we could ask Carl, Ross, Bruce, Isaias etc if they enjoy hearing boos.

It reflects poorly on those who boo.

One day you will boo Toure, Irankunda, or Yengi - see where that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”