Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory FFA Cup Quarter Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory FFA Cup Quarter Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:17 pm

We're fielding the thirds, given all the departures and outs. It's probably a blessing to be out of the Cup; at least we can concentrate on salvaging something from the league matches. The squad is far too thin to push into the finals, but we might jag sixth by the end of the season, which would be something.

Also, I think that we may expect too much of whoever is about to brought in. It took Isa 6 months to adjust to the local game and there were plenty of contributors on this forum calling for his head and for the recruiting staff to be sacked. One new striker, no how matter how good he is, does not turn around an entire team. Look at Ronaldo at Man U; he's the world's highest paid sportsman and even he can't make Man U look like a team.

Best we can do is to keep supporting AUFC through the tough times ahead and recognise that this year will not be our year.
I agree.
But … I sort of wish we’d prioritised the cup. It’s silverware and we’re the defending champions. Rather win the cup and finish 7th than finish 6th and go out of the finals in the first game.
RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory FFA Cup Quarter Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:42 pm

We might have been able to prioritise the Cup, if we hadn't lost Halloran, Yengi, Mauk, Delianov .... just too many first choice players out to really push hard in the Cup. To get to the quarters was highly creditable.

Now we can concentrate on putting out a side in the league that will look totally different from whatever CV (or indeed any of us) pictured before the season. Let's hope that the kids pay attention in the team meetings and can learn and adapt on the job. Otherwise, it's the wooden spoon for us; not through lack of application or energy, but through sheer lack of experienced bodies that we can throw on the park.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”