Preview: FFA Cup 2021 Round of 16

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Preview: FFA Cup 2021 Round of 16

Postby otto62 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Rewatching the 2019 Cup Final to get in the mood in the lead up to Sunday.
Well done that man!

I guess most will be watching on the box as you can't squeeze too many into the Parks.

Was there an "away" allocation? I'm assuming the Red Army at least would have a spot, apart from that it may well be all Olympic supporters.
I was intending to just rock up and pay at the gate, but do I really need to buy a ticket online?
Not sure, however it only has a capacity of 1,000 (according to AuStadiums), though the biggest crowd was close to 1,400 so maybe take that figure with a pinch of salt.
I bought a ticket just in case. But I reckon they won't turn down money and will squeeze in whoever turns up. I might have to get there a little earlier than I intended.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Preview: FFA Cup 2021 Round of 16

Postby sevengoals Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:53 pm

They are feeling bullish!
“The two-week rest has allowed us to refresh from a very intensive schedule and can only cause more headaches for Adelaide United,” the supremely confident President said.

“Our high intensity game has often left our opponents unable to keep up and by the final whistle most were left gasping for air.

“On the other hand, Adelaide United are mid-way through their pre-season having only played one competitive fixture.

“We know we have what it takes to win, and the romance of football tells us we can.”
https://indaily.com.au/sport/manton-st- ... nd-united/

Carl talks to the media.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”