Fortress Hindmarsh ?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Fortress Hindmarsh ?

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Got an e-mail from the club re the renewal of my membership in which they said the eastern stand will be closed for the entire season. Apparently if you're GA then you need to stipulate that you want the northern end when renewing or they will dump you in the southern end, so it sounds like tickets will be "stand" specific.

I expect the atmosphere, and therefore our home ground advantage, may be eroded somewhat with only 3 sides in use :(
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Fortress Hindmarsh ?

Postby blahblah Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:07 pm

What is happening to the Eastern Stand? I assume upgrades associated with the Women's World Cup, however what specifically?
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:52 am

The whole season! This upgrade better be spectacular.
So will they switch the camera view to the other side or will all games on tv look empty
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Relevant excerpt from the letter...

"As you may/may not have heard, renovations are currently underway for a $53 million Coopers Stadium upgrade ahead of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023.

Stage One of the redevelopments began a couple of weeks ago which focuses on the Western and Northern Stands. Stage Two works will start from October 2021 and end in late 2022 and is highlighted by upgrading the Eastern Stand with construction of a new roof, improved corporate facilities as well as improved disability access. As a result, the Eastern Stand will be out of action for the 21/22 season. To read more about the ongoing redevelopments to the stadium, please click here.

If you renew the package that is currently in your membership account, you will automatically renew into South seating. However, if you wish to change this, please click here and follow the steps to lock in North seating. Please make sure you complete this process directly after you have you have renewed your package*."
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Might get more people involved with the red army behind the goals.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:06 pm

The info about east being closed all season was on the website but you had to read the fine print to know it was the case.
It doesn't seem to bother many people but this has bothered me a lot the last couple of seasons. Members who have auto-renew have no idea how much their memberships are going to cost and therefore how much money will be automatically taken out of their account before it actually happens.

We got an email about 2 weeks before the withdrawal saying it was happening and saying you can opt out if you want to. When you went to the site there was no indication of prices on any page they intended you to visit.
The prices were there though as on some pages the shopping cart icon appeared so you could make your way to the pages they didn't want you to access yet and the prices were the same as they were on launch day.

In my opinion there's no excuse for them not to at least:
1. give us the membership prices and options
2. provide clearly any changes to memberships that we should know about

I think the email we received is a matter of them only finding out recently on direction from AEM/SA Health that members will need to be allocated down one end or the other so I can forgive that. The rest really isn't good enough.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:32 pm

My brother was charged an instalment for automatic membership renewal, he missed the email saying it would be renewed and didn't realise he was even on auto renew.

The club refunded him immediately when he called so that was good.

I think I might go ticketless membership this season and see how things play out with covid restrictions etc and buy tickets game by game in the western stand. Whilst I have always said that there isn't a bad seat at Hindmarsh.... sitting behind the goals isn't as enjoyable for me as sitting on halfway.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:34 pm

My dealings with people in the office have always been good. I know they're stretched etc. Just don't think it's unreasonable when sending an email telling us about auto-renewals they include the prices. Ideally exactly what they're going to charge you but in the absence of decent tooling in the membership platform to do that, just a straight membership price list like what's currently here so we can work it out ourselves.
https://adelaideunited.memberlink.net.a ... d#packages

Anyway, this is kinda not what the original topic was about and I haven't seen anyone else complain so I must be in the minority.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:49 pm

Seems to be pretty limited info on the upgrade as well. Will this boost capacity or just add to corporate box numbers?

Still astounds me that Football has been played thru the Summer in this country for the last 32 years but we can't find money to offer all the fans at Hindmarsh shade. Councils can find funding for shade cloths for playgrounds that are barely used, but thousands of people sitting in the baking sun week after week year after year is fine.

Hopefully this increases the use of Hindmarsh thru the winter months and they are able to attract more NRL games and concerts. Considering the site's location and size I think the stadium could be used for so many more non-sporting events.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Fortress Hindmarsh ?

Postby bpowell454 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Seems to be pretty limited info on the upgrade as well. Will this boost capacity or just add to corporate box numbers?

Still astounds me that Football has been played thru the Summer in this country for the last 32 years but we can't find money to offer all the fans at Hindmarsh shade. Councils can find funding for shade cloths for playgrounds that are barely used, but thousands of people sitting in the baking sun week after week year after year is fine.

Hopefully this increases the use of Hindmarsh thru the winter months and they are able to attract more NRL games and concerts. Considering the site's location and size I think the stadium could be used for so many more non-sporting events.
Unfortunately I can see GA seating on the eastern side being a thing of the past so we'll see more expensive seating areas like platinum and gold on both sides and GA on the ends. Might pump the interaction with the red army up a bit but will look emptier on TV. Plus I'll be paying more for the same seats haha.

I'm all for the upgrades, I can just see this being a negative side effect of it. It would bring us closer up to par with the rest of the leagues stadiums for pricing probably. How is the club going to convince more people to come to the games and also pay more to have a better viewing angle.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 am

Unfortunately I can see GA seating on the eastern side being a thing of the past so we'll see more expensive seating areas like platinum and gold on both sides and GA on the ends. Might pump the interaction with the red army up a bit but will look emptier on TV. Plus I'll be paying more for the same seats haha.

I'm all for the upgrades, I can just see this being a negative side effect of it. It would bring us closer up to par with the rest of the leagues stadiums for pricing probably. How is the club going to convince more people to come to the games and also pay more to have a better viewing angle.
I guess the argument is the new stand with shade and better facilities is a better experience so you'll be getting more for paying more.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:56 am

Yes the return of the "Blue" membership. I personally don't mind paying a little more for to sit on the sides but I hope it won't be reserved as one of the things I like about my current membership is the flexibility to invite friends and family to come along to some games and for us to all be able to sit together.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:33 am

Yes the return of the "Blue" membership. I personally don't mind paying a little more for to sit on the sides but I hope it won't be reserved as one of the things I like about my current membership is the flexibility to invite friends and family to come along to some games and for us to all be able to sit together.
Yes I agree. Locking fans into specific seats especially when the ground isn't full all the time seems silly.
I still don't understand why the club can't work on a system that encourages and incentivises fans to drag mates along to games and ultimately becoming members.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”