Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sun May 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Still just screaming out for some midfield presence. If we maintain most of our squad next season that would be my first and most expensive signing.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 am

What sort of midfield presence are you thinking of - an Isaias type presence, or a Carusca type presence?

I’m assuming Isaias. From the other teams, who would you want?
Brattan? Milligan? Kilkenny? Etxeberia? Or for a younger option Brimmer?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match Day jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Tue May 18, 2021 12:59 am

What sort of midfield presence are you thinking of - an Isaias type presence, or a Carusca type presence?

I actually think we have defensive midfield sorted in Juande / D'Arrigo so not really an Isa-type.

We desperately need someone creative in that 10 role.

I look at other clubs and they have Castro, Ninko, Davila and we don't have any player like that.

As such, we just push the ball to our flanks at any opportunity. Not necessarily a bad option as that's where we have our best players. I just think a 10 would help us play through the middle of the park a bit more.
flavze

Postby flavze Tue May 18, 2021 9:04 am

There isheaps of talk about our young african attacking players every week, just imagine how good they would look with someone like Diamante playing balls for them run onto every week.

A quality no10 is an absolute must for the team and is something the managment should be held accountable for not signing one this season.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue May 18, 2021 3:16 pm

I actually think we have defensive midfield sorted in Juande / D'Arrigo so not really an Isa-type.

We desperately need someone creative in that 10 role.

I look at other clubs and they have Castro, Ninko, Davila and we don't have any player like that.

As such, we just push the ball to our flanks at any opportunity. Not necessarily a bad option as that's where we have our best players. I just think a 10 would help us play through the middle of the park a bit more.
Agree. The question is who do we let go to free up funds to bring one in?
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Tomi.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 pm

Tomi.
Unpopular opinion but I would keep him. We don't have much experience at all in the front third and Halloran is our only experienced attacker who is contracted for next season.

The other reason I would keep him as it allows Al Hassan to go on loan next season, something which I think he desperately needs imo.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Maybe we could let Juande go and play D'Arrigo as a 6. I wouldn't be surprised if Marrone retires so that would free up some coin too.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Tue May 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Tomi.
Unpopular opinion but I would keep him. We don't have much experience at all in the front third and Halloran is our only experienced attacker who is contracted for next season.

The other reason I would keep him as it allows Al Hassan to go on loan next season, something which I think he desperately needs imo.
I have nothing against Tomi, in fact I think he's done well for us in a difficult time. But he came so he could leave again to something bigger. He hasn't really fulfilled the big dreams we may have had. He's expensive and it seems we have to play him. Next year the young guns will be one season smarter and older and - if Carl can work out a system - they should be lethal, at least in bursts.

It's the number 10 we need to make things happen.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm

But that number 10 is expensive - you just named the 3 best & maybe most expensive players in the comp - and foreign imports can also be really hit and miss.
Can we afford it and can we find the right player. For example Davila is about to cost $2million for a 3 season contract.

Let’s keep the dream alive to have another Flores or Carrusca for sure. But in the meantime, Mauk does what he does really well - getting into the box and getting on the end of the creative work of our wide players, even finding a creative ball in behind for our wide players.
Goodwin was our big buy creative player for this season and he’s worked well for us in tandem with Mauk.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue May 18, 2021 10:20 pm

But that number 10 is expensive - you just named the 3 best & maybe most expensive players in the comp - and foreign imports can also be really hit and miss.
Can we afford it and can we find the right player. For example Davila is about to cost $2million for a 3 season contract.

Let’s keep the dream alive to have another Flores or Carrusca for sure. But in the meantime, Mauk does what he does really well - getting into the box and getting on the end of the creative work of our wide players, even finding a creative ball in behind for our wide players.
Goodwin was our big buy creative player for this season and he’s worked well for us in tandem with Mauk.
I've listed those three as they were the first to come to my head but yes, I agree they're the top 10s in the comp.

I'd be happy with a Bozanic, Brattan type who would probably be considered the next rung down.

Reality is we just didn't replace Troisi and whilst he is nothing special, has that creativity we need.
flavze

Postby flavze Wed May 19, 2021 11:48 am

As much as i said the club should be accountable, i guess Troisi leaving late caused part of the problem despite the club trying to get rid of him and Konstandopoluous probably would have been to guy who played the majority of the season in the AM role but he went down so that did bugger us up a bit.
I just hope the club is already working on a solution for next season.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Wed May 19, 2021 6:05 pm

One possible solution is to play Goodwin as a 10. He has the creativity and the game to play in this role. He takes free kicks and would be most effective as an attacking midfielder. We have plenty of options in attack with Yengi the Toure brothers and Dukuly.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 19, 2021 9:26 pm

One possible solution is to play Goodwin as a 10. He has the creativity and the game to play in this role. He takes free kicks and would be most effective as an attacking midfielder. We have plenty of options in attack with Yengi the Toure brothers and Dukuly.
I wouldn't mind seeing that as an experiment, especially as his crossing has been really off lately.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”