Preview: AUFC v Brisbane 16/5

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Preview: AUFC v Brisbane 16/5

Postby sub007 Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Adelaide United squad: 1.James DELIANOV (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.George TIMOTHEOU, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 6.Louis D’ARRIGO, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Stefan MAUK (c), 11.Craig GOODWIN, 17.Mohamed TOURE, 18.Joe CALETTI, 21.Javi LÓPEZ, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Josh CAVALLO, 28.JUANDE, 29.Kusini YENGI, 33.Dakota OCHSENHAM, 35.Al Hassan TOURE,
**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Ryan STRAIN (returns from suspension), 21.Javi LÓPEZ (returns from knee injury), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (promoted), 24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE (promoted), 28.JUANDE (promoted), 33.Dakota OCHSENHAM (promoted)
Outs: 9.Tomi JURIC (calf), 34.Yared ABETEW (not selected), 46.Joe GAUCI (quadricep)
Unavailable: 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS (knee)

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... bane-match
sub007

Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane 16/5

Postby sub007 Sat May 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Delianov
Strain Elsey Jakobsen Kitto
Juande
Cavallo Mauk
Halloran Yengi Goodwin

Oschenham, Marrone Lopez, D'Arrigo, Niyongabire, A Toure, M Toure
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat May 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Not sure if I’d go with Kitto & Timotheou starting, or Lopez & Jakobsen. I know who the two better players are, but does it do too much damage to the confidence of Kitto & Timotheou? And are Lopez & Jacobsen ready to play 90 minutes anyway?
Hard job being the boss. Good luck with the decisions CV.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat May 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Carl answers questions.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Not sure if I’d go with Kitto & Timotheou starting, or Lopez & Jakobsen. I know who the two better players are, but does it do too much damage to the confidence of Kitto & Timotheou? And are Lopez & Jacobsen ready to play 90 minutes anyway?
Kitto hasn't started a game since January while Timotheou has been so bad and can't get any worse.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat May 15, 2021 8:15 pm

I shouldn't be but I'm pleased Juric is out. I think we play better without him.

Few strong players returning from injury so high time we see some serious squad rotation.

Current formula just isn't working.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane 16/5

Postby bpowell454 Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Benefit of being able to make 5 subs at the moment I guess, easier to rotate in returning players
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Kitto hasn't started a game since January while Timotheou has been so bad and can't get any worse.
Harsh on Timotheou. He was terrible in his early games, but has been good for the last three or four in a row.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sun May 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Harsh on Timotheou. He was terrible in his early games, but has been good for the last three or four in a row.
I missed the last game due to work but he was solid in the one before that. Other than that, he has been the worst centre back I've ever seen play for the club.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”