Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jessesdad
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jessesdad Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Shame Mauk had to - yet again - show why he shouldn't be captain in his aftermatch comments. Started really well. Measured and sensible. Then goes on to drop d'Arrigo in it and then crucify Goodwin. I guess he thought he was being funny. Good player but should be as far from any formal leadership team as possible.
Did I miss something in that interview?? I thought he was talking about Kruse cheating a bit by hanging forward of the play when Victory lost the ball looking for space in transitions, and the coaches wanted Louis to stay back a bit tighter to him in the second half, which he credited him for doing well.

The bit about Goodwin burning him for the hattrick was a pretty harmless joke surely. I actually find him to be quite well spoken in interviews, tends to be on the field where he can lose his cool at times.
Well, each to their own. Perhaps you missed his post-match Perth Glory comments?
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Shame Mauk had to - yet again - show why he shouldn't be captain in his aftermatch comments. Started really well. Measured and sensible. Then goes on to drop d'Arrigo in it and then crucify Goodwin. I guess he thought he was being funny. Good player but should be as far from any formal leadership team as possible.
Did I miss something in that interview?? I thought he was talking about Kruse cheating a bit by hanging forward of the play when Victory lost the ball looking for space in transitions, and the coaches wanted Louis to stay back a bit tighter to him in the second half, which he credited him for doing well.

The bit about Goodwin burning him for the hattrick was a pretty harmless joke surely. I actually find him to be quite well spoken in interviews, tends to be on the field where he can lose his cool at times.
I thought he spoke well - the D'Arrigo comment he made was just highlighting the instruction from Carl to D'Arrigo to stay tighter.

Enjoyed the quip about Goody not feeding him for the third and how he should have a goal bonus in his contract. God forbid we have a captain who has a bit of personality.

Sure the comments about Kilkenny were not needed but I think that has been a one off.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Comments left on Kusini Yengi's instagram.

Shocking but not surprising from Victory fans. This is the same fanbase that bullied and trolled Josh Hope into retirement and celebrated Mitch Austin getting an ACL injury.
Disgraceful.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:21 pm

Beath nearly got me a red card for language from the wife 1st half, 100% with Carl on his comments on beath.

Good win but should be winning against a mv in disarray (love it), yengi was v good as was Mauk.
Veart doing something right.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:49 pm

Great win. We deserved it and the filth fans (on their own forum) know it. None of them can believe that Brebner has lasted this long. It can't be too long before J.P de Marigny is given the poisoned chalice - maybe before the weekend's games have finished?

So many good things to write about ... I loved Yengo sticking it up the filth fans after his goal. I'm sure that there was some racist abuse in there, from the filth scum fans. I wonder if Yengi heard any of it? if so, then they deserve to be banned for life. Standard filth scum fan actions.

I liked Cavalli over Caletti. Cavalli isn't fit enough yet, but you can see the plan that CV has for him. He has energy (for one half at least) and he is a surprisingly sure first touch. That was a good signing.

Both the Toures need time back from injury to re-find their scintillating form. The pace is still there (for AL Hasan tonight), but he was out of position a couple of times during some promising moves. There is nothing to beat in match experience for teaching a youngster where to be when the ball is pinging around the opposition's box. That will come.

Gauci had a cracking good game. My 11 y.o. asked me this evening "this is United isn't it?" - she was expecting to see Izzo, bless her and of course Izzo is long gone, so she was confused. That Delianov was not there either had me scratching my chin; but Gauci is a find and we need him as Delianov's back up keeper.

Mauk had his best match ever, both as a player and as a captain. I liked his banter at the end; he was having a sly dig at Goody. We are always ready to bemoan the lack of 'characters' in professional sport; we should rejoice when they actually appear and haven't been subjected to re-education camp by the PR flunky.

Halloran is an evergreen for me; he is always consistently good, always has a smile on his boat race and just loves playing. He reminds us cynical old buggers why we love this game so much.

Lopez is really finding his feet in the Australian game now. He was hacked to buggery by the filth and remonstrated with Beath about it - who, of course, did nothing. Hands up who wants to see Javi Lopez as our captain next season?

The backline looks so much stronger with Jacko and Strain back. We look close to invincible down the right channel when Strain and Halloran get their understanding going properly. It didn't quite happen tonight, but watch that space.

The Foxtel commentary was as embarrassingly one sided as always. How can someone who can barely speak and who gets not only players' names wrong, but even team names wrong, gain a commentating gig? My nan could do a better job of commentating than Archie Thompson and she's been cold in her grave for 10 years.

Anyway - it seems too good to be true, but we are second tonight - and legitimately second. The filth are absolutely last and long may they stay where they belong. Cream always rises to the top and we are still rising ....
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Carl Veart talks to the media.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 pm

I missed a vast majority of the game so how did the likes of Cavallo, Al Hassan and Gauci go?
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:55 pm

I missed a vast majority of the game so how did the likes of Cavallo, Al Hassan and Gauci go?
All three did well.

Gauci made some good saves and looked confident when called on but some would say that he was out of position for their goal.
Cavallo was solid and showed he has the skill set required at this level.
Toure was OK but needs a bit more time.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:59 pm

All three did well.

Gauci made some good saves and looked confident when called on but some would say that he was out of position for their goal.
Cavallo was solid and showed he has the skill set required at this level.
Toure was OK but needs a bit more time.

B)
Thanks mate, glad to hear they did well :)
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:05 am

The highlights!

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:33 am

Gauci brilliant. Very assured, 3 or 4 big saves. Stood up early when Victory were cutting through us at will. May have been slightly off his line for their goal but it was a fine strike.

Cavallo I thought looked decent. Bit more of an attacking threat than Caletti. I would start him every week until we get Juande in.

Al Hassan I thought battled well but never really got into the game. Still working his way back from fitness.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:29 am

Shocking but not surprising from Victory fans. This is the same fanbase that bullied and trolled Josh Hope into retirement and celebrated Mitch Austin getting an ACL injury.

This is farked up and I expect the A-league and the clubs to take some action.

No Roots, No Growth!
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:08 am

Very good win against poor opposition, you must take your maximum points against MV, Newcastle, Nix this year.

Thought Yengi showed a lot away to Brisbane then dropped away, came back tonight with aplomb. Has all the physical attributes to be a great CF and showed game sense and technique for his goal.

Very impressed with our goals breaking around the 6-12 yard area from cut backs, shows we were shredding them to ribbons.

What a difference an experienced back 4 makes.....
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:04 am

I had a quick look. There are also MV fans condemning those posts and sending Yengi positive messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:08 am

Yengis goal celebration was epic! Up there with pancho eyeballing muscat in his first game
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”