WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

AndyJebiga
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby AndyJebiga Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:46 pm

You have to play abatew in his preferred position (cb) not as a auxiliary fullback
Reds United
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Re: WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Reds United Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:55 pm

I really think that Goodwin should be played in the attacking midfield position and behind the central striker. He has the talent and pace to properly replace McGree in that position. We have good wingers in Halloran, Dukuly and Nyongabire, so Goodwin's talent would serve the team better there. I hear that out Spanish import signing is a defensive midfielder, so that is why I am suggesting Goodwin play as an attacking midfielder. I have observed Abetew for a few games now, but I don't think that he is good enough. He had a shocker and cost us a goal by giving the ball away in a precarious position. Why hasn't Marrone been playing? Yengi played well. He held the ball up nicely and helped the defence out on several occasions. He has potential. Timotheou produced the pass of the match (A beautiful cross field ball to Goodwin), was strong in the air and made many interceptions. However, he is very slow/cumbersome and often tentative to put in a tackle. He seems to be making costly mistakes every game.Kamau's goal. although Smith wasn't goal side of him, could have been cleared by Timotheou with his left foot. Instead he let it go past him, hoping that Smith would deal with it. We need Jacobsen back to organise that defence. Alternatively, put Lopez back at centre back. WSW were allowed several free headers on goal from corners and free kicks and this has to be worked on.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”