Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 am

Melbourne City had a decent crowd there, but they were a bit quiet.

I too was surprised by the lack of a seat between groups. Mind you, i have a daughter who works in the arts and she said it’s easy to plan it at 50% capacity, but much more difficult at 75%.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 am

Agree we could do with a playmaker. We're a fair way off the finished product in terms of team cohesion which i put down to lack of match practice. I'm excited to see what we might become if we can start making the right movements and putting the ball in the right places!

On the guidelines, yep plenty wrong with that. I think the idea with the reserve seats was for contact tracing purposes but ticketek should have been able to ensure that people weren't sitting that close to each other. Certainly, if the seats were unreserved I'd have moved to one of the empty sections.

Outside was an even bigger schmozzle, the whole point of the mask wearing is to reduce risk when we're all packed together. The provided face masks were at the gate so lots of people were standing close to eachother for 20 minutes plus with no masks. That could have easily been remedied by walking along the line and providing masks to those that didnt have them. The other mess was the fact that you were only supposed to enter in a specific gate. No one in GA ever pays attention to gate numbers so the people behind me were lining up for 20 - 30 minutes to get in and then found out they were at the wrong gate. Again some extra staff just to check tickets and direct them to the right place would have fixed that easily.

I'm sure they were doing their best and hopefully they can improve it for the next match.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 pm

The pre game entry was a complete joke.
Whilst lining up, security started angrily yelling at everyone to move up, even though we were adhering ti the 1.5m rule. When i asked him if we were ignoring social distancing he rolled his eyes and walked off to yell at others. By the time i got to the gate they waved me through without scanning my family tickets because it was already 5minutes past kick off.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Delianov and Juric made the team of the week.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Re: the need for an AM, agreed. However, the team was built around Troisi - he would have got assists left, right and centre.

A few players are locks but there is a lot of healthy competition. Dukuly will be a star once he finds his end product.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:57 pm

I echo the bizarre and often confusing instructions to adhere to COVID-safe measures. I arrived just before gates opened, and stood aside hoping the non-socially distanced queue would die down a bit before I would line up myself. No luck with that, and tossed up between heading home or to join the queue about 30 minutes before kick-off. I ended up staying but took me that whole time plus a bit more to actually get inside the grounds.

I mentioned on Twitter that they definitely need to consider opening gates earlier. That or remove the ticket-specific gating system.

Once seated, I decided it was probably best to just keep my mask on due to lack of enforced social distancing anyway.

Other than that, a great first home game!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:51 pm

The pre game entry was a complete joke.
Whilst lining up, security started angrily yelling at everyone to move up, even though we were adhering ti the 1.5m rule. When i asked him if we were ignoring social distancing he rolled his eyes and walked off to yell at others. By the time i got to the gate they waved me through without scanning my family tickets because it was already 5minutes past kick off.
We only need one person with a false positive and we'll have mass hysteria around this! I'm sure the mainstream media wouldn't use that is a way to bad mouth the game tho....
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Re: the need for an AM, agreed. However, the team was built around Troisi - he would have got assists left, right and centre.

A few players are locks but there is a lot of healthy competition. Dukuly will be a star once he finds his end product.
Yeah that's pretty clear around the AM. I was a little concerned with Dukuly's game. Clearly he's a flyer who wants the ball in front of him so the midfield need to work on that. But he was rarely an option otherwise. Not writing him off at all tho I know he's still young.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby EdDog Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am

I thought Jamo had Dukuly in his pocket this game, aside from the second yellow. Jamo put the body on him early and was yapping away at him all game, and you could see he went into his shell. He's only young though, like you said, so will only grow in confidence. Needs some arrogance about him.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Adelaide United v Melbourne City Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Philbyramone Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:19 am

I thought Jamo had Dukuly in his pocket this game, aside from the second yellow. Jamo put the body on him early and was yapping away at him all game, and you could see he went into his shell. He's only young though, like you said, so will only grow in confidence. Needs some arrogance about him.
Jamo had him, until Dukuly went past him and won the free that saw Jamo sent off and us score. That’ll do!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”