Coopers Stadium

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Coopers Stadium

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:14 pm

We often ask for improvements, but its such a cracking stadium. Really can't wait to get along to some games this Summer.

It will be interesting to see if the crowd figure increases this season. The stadium is as good as ever, covid (touch wood) is behind us and the club has had a very promising off-season.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 pm

Looks great and will be ready for the season.

Was a bit worried that we might see a similar issue with what Perth are facing out West. Can't play at HBF Park for more than half the season due to delays as a result of the WWC upgrade.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 pm

34 days and counting.... :)
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:59 pm

does anyone know if the new big-screens will be ready by round 4?
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:57 pm

I might be in the minority on this but I was relatively underwhelmed by what I experienced on the weekend. I know it's not completely finished so some things might get better but:
1. Could barely hear the PA system. It looks like only half the new grandstand had speakers so that will probably get better
2. All the seats around mine at least were filthy. Wouldn't have been that big a job to wipe them down at least.
3. Apart from the roof and a fancy room for corporates at the back (not completed), there really weren't any other upgrades to ammenities for the average punter. Still the same food and drink service stalls and bathrooms.

There are some positives, the new screens, the lighting will be good for night games. the roof helps with noise and I'm sure I'll appreciate it when its raining or super hot.

For viewing angles etc Hindmarsh is hard to beat but it's still a long way from where modern stadiums are at from a spectator comfort perspective.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:35 am

Disappointing to hear. I thought the food and drink facilities were part of the upgrade.

PA thing must be a teething issue.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:56 pm

I might be in the minority on this but I was relatively underwhelmed by what I experienced on the weekend. I know it's not completely finished so some things might get better but:
1. Could barely hear the PA system. It looks like only half the new grandstand had speakers so that will probably get better
2. All the seats around mine at least were filthy. Wouldn't have been that big a job to wipe them down at least.
3. Apart from the roof and a fancy room for corporates at the back (not completed), there really weren't any other upgrades to ammenities for the average punter. Still the same food and drink service stalls and bathrooms.

There are some positives, the new screens, the lighting will be good for night games. the roof helps with noise and I'm sure I'll appreciate it when its raining or super hot.

For viewing angles etc Hindmarsh is hard to beat but it's still a long way from where modern stadiums are at from a spectator comfort perspective.
Would the lack of food that side be down to that space being still under some sort of construction? I haven't made it to the ground just yet. Hopefully they are able to put something similar to what was previously there in the remaining space.
Personally as that part of town changes, I'd love to see the stadium take a leaf out of Adelaide Oval's book and build a restaurant/cafe that could be open out of event hours. I find it staggering that more facilities like Cooper's can't come up with concepts to generate income outside of event days.
I spent months working with the old stadium management years ago to try get the bar in the Western Stand open for us WATRs members to watch away games together. I finally got approval from a lower level manager, then the week of the first away game they changed their minds. :cry:
Time to Djbate!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:59 pm

Would the lack of food that side be down to that space being still under some sort of construction? I haven't made it to the ground just yet. Hopefully they are able to put something similar to what was previously there in the remaining space.
Personally as that part of town changes, I'd love to see the stadium take a leaf out of Adelaide Oval's book and build a restaurant/cafe that could be open out of event hours. I find it staggering that more facilities like Cooper's can't come up with concepts to generate income outside of event days.
I spent months working with the old stadium management years ago to try get the bar in the Western Stand open for us WATRs members to watch away games together. I finally got approval from a lower level manager, then the week of the first away game they changed their minds. :cry:

Interesting idea Stucky. Reminds me of back in the day when UK clubs had Supporters Clubs where you can go have a pint and a game of darts or pool with like minded fans whenever you felt like it.

I think AU wanted to have something along those lines with the Castle Tavern down South Road. Is that still a thing ? No good for us northerners of course :(
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Hotels, cafes, shops etc bundled in with stadiums has been fairly commonplace is Europe.
Slowly you can see it happening in Adelaide with the Adelaide Oval hotel and the facilities at Alberton.

It really only stacks up for us if it was a city venue, ideally shared with the 36ers, maybe lightning and Thunderbirds also.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Hotels, cafes, shops etc bundled in with stadiums has been fairly commonplace is Europe.
Slowly you can see it happening in Adelaide with the Adelaide Oval hotel and the facilities at Alberton.

It really only stacks up for us if it was a city venue, ideally shared with the 36ers, maybe lightning and Thunderbirds also.
We had that discussion years ago .... and the Liberals refused to countenance a shared multi-sport facility in the city that included football and instead came up with the 15,000 seat concert hall, tennis and basketball stadium at Memorial Drive ... which the ALP and the ambos shot down in flames at the last election, so now we have no concert hall, no new football stadium and no new basketball stadium.

Oh and the ramping at the hospitals has now become far worse, but the ambos have gone very quiet about that ...
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Coopers Stadium

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:34 pm

I remember this. We then attempted to move it to the Joiners but AUFC refused to support/promote it because they weren't a Club sponsor. So we had it at the Arkaba.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”