Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Damo
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Damo Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 pm

King Carl has passed his job interview as far as I’m concerned. Sign him on for the next season or two.

That is the best I’ve seen our team look in years. Full of confidence, pressing hard as a team when they don’t have the ball. I think that’s why we lost momentum at the end ran out of steam from the high intensity press. So many talented kids in the side from SA. Gomulka looks comfortable and composed, very good set pieces.

Opseth was easily man of the match tonight. Two assists many v good through balls and another goal. Holding up the ball well and playing in our Speedy wingers. Finally looks like the striker we need.

Regardless of the end of the second half, still extremely happy with that effort.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:23 am

It was interesting to see that, as we lost energy and needed to hold out, Carl took off attackers and put on attackers. No shrinking violet! Also expecting every player to be part of defending. Sure, we were way ahead but it still would have been easier and more common to shore up the defence. Some beautiful passages of play last night and a real sense of flair. To be fair to Verbeek, he actually started plenty of young players and also gave them licence to do what they love. Some people seem to want to write him off but I think he restarted the upwards curve after the dire days of that (successful but dull) German guy.
If we keep playing like this the next few years could be very exciting for fans - and for every emerging talent in SA.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Carl Veart speaks to the press ...

And the goals!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Great attacking performance and it was great to see Brook and Pacifique scoring their first goals for the first team. In my view, it’s one of the most enjoyable matches in the club’s recent history.

Opseth looks a completely different player too now that Veart is playing to his strengths too. Hopefully the cap doesn’t get slashed too much so we can keep him.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”