2020 AU NPL Season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

2020 AU NPL Season

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:24 am

AU's NPL season is well under way. Very exciting this season we'll be able to catch every one of their games live on the FSA youtube channel.

Tough loss for the lads this weekend gone with a 4-3 loss to Cumby. They were down to 10 men for 2/3s of the game but pushed hard to hold their lead and then when Cumby bounced back, AU were able to equalise late. Sadly Cumby grabbed a 93rd minute winner.
Lachy Brook is certainly a class above in the side. Very interested to see if he's in line for some more regular HAL game time.

AU are sitting 7th with 6pts but will have to play a few catch up games as this weekend's game will be postponed due to the squad mixing it with the HAL side who due to the amount of travel the squad has done is in isolation.

A few interesting surnames in the line up on the weekend! Does anyone know if Vidmar and Alagich are related?

Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2020 AU NPL Season

Postby blahblah Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:35 am

Cool! I will try to watch some of their recent games.

Some interesting surnames indeed, and some names that I assume will be off to NSW as we are down a few visa players.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Para Hills Knights at the Paddocks this Saturday at 3pm. A good chance for the boys to put some distance between them and the relegation spots.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:51 am

3-0 loss to Para Hills :(

The side appears to be feeling the loss of so many players to the A-League squad.

Comets up next.
MartinAUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Currently watching a gritty, backs to the wall performance by the Youngsters at TK Shutter.
Leading top of the table Metrostars 1-0 after an hour courtesy of a cracking goal by an African lad called Musa (69), complete with Pacifique-style back flip celebration.
MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Held on for a very creditable 2-2 draw, but could easily have snatched a win after Ethan Alagich scored what looked to be the winner about five minutes from the end.
Metrostars equaliser in added time was a real coach killer. Somehow squeezed in the near post from a freekick just outside the area on the right wing. I couldn't see if it was a keeper error but he was going off at the wall afterwards.
Good signs though after an ordinary season so far and a dogged determination to play out from the back, even at 2-1 up with a minute to go against a high press.
The aforementioned Ethan Alagich and Kane Vidmar in the line-up - any relation ?
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Currently watching a gritty, backs to the wall performance by the Youngsters at TK Shutter.
Leading top of the table Metrostars 1-0 after an hour courtesy of a cracking goal by an African lad called Musa (69), complete with Pacifique-style back flip celebration.
That’s Musa Toure, the third Toure brother who only turned 14 this year.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:19 am

Held on for a very creditable 2-2 draw, but could easily have snatched a win after Ethan Alagich scored what looked to be the winner about five minutes from the end.
Metrostars equaliser in added time was a real coach killer. Somehow squeezed in the near post from a freekick just outside the area on the right wing. I couldn't see if it was a keeper error but he was going off at the wall afterwards.
Good signs though after an ordinary season so far and a dogged determination to play out from the back, even at 2-1 up with a minute to go against a high press.
The aforementioned Ethan Alagich and Kane Vidmar in the line-up - any relation ?
A great effort from the kids, especially as so many have had to step-up with the likes of Gomulka, Brook, Niyongabire, M Toure and Smith finding themselves locked into the senior squad.

A long way to go, however a fantastic turnaround from the Para Hills game.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:22 am

The Metrostars game.

Looks a bit windy out there, but for an overseas Aussie I love the sound of the birds throughout the game :D

MartinAUFC

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 pm

The Metrostars game.

Looks a bit windy out there, but for an overseas Aussie I love the sound of the birds throughout the game :D

It's a lovely little ground at the bottom of a sloping park on one side and a tree lined side street on the other. It's a shocker for drainage but they installed an artificial pitch over the summer.

And it's five minutes walk from my girlfriend's place :)
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:35 pm

The Metrostars game.

It's a lovely little ground at the bottom of a sloping park on one side and a tree lined side street on the other. It's a shocker for drainage but they installed an artificial pitch over the summer.

And it's five minutes walk from my girlfriend's place :)
When I was looking to buy I inspected one of those houses up on the hill. The patio was setup to look over the ground. Would have been nice :)
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 pm

I just flicked on Youtube and ABE are playing Adelaide United. You beauty!

I didn't realise all the games are now streamed live.

0-0 at half time.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:46 am

We have Cumby tomorrow, hopefully with some points as we are masters of the draw at the moment with a record of 1-5-4, leaving us second bottom however only 3 points behind the Jets and with a game in hand.

How many of the squad that went to the Hub will be able to play in the SANPL? I believed it was the u21's who had only played a limited number of A-League games, however I can't recall the amount. Hopefully Brook, M Toure, Pacifique, Gomulka and Smith can all play (once out of quarantine). It would certainly make a difference to our fortunes.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:09 pm

We have Cumby tomorrow, hopefully with some points as we are masters of the draw at the moment with a record of 1-5-4, leaving us second bottom however only 3 points behind the Jets and with a game in hand.

How many of the squad that went to the Hub will be able to play in the SANPL? I believed it was the u21's who had only played a limited number of A-League games, however I can't recall the amount. Hopefully Brook, M Toure, Pacifique, Gomulka and Smith can all play (once out of quarantine). It would certainly make a difference to our fortunes.
Those guys will surely make a difference as well as the likes of Oschenham, Abetew and Walls as well. D’Arrigo and Al Hassan both played a game before going into the hub so hopefully they can play more while Yengi is still coming back from injury.

They’ve probably done well not to be bottom considering they are missing up to 11 players tbh.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Lost 3-0 today.

Interestingly a J. D’Arrigo scores for the reserve team. Surely he’s related to Louis?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”