Episode 6: Return of the Reds, guys.

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Episode 6: Return of the Reds, guys.

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:19 pm

So a month of re-preseason has begun with everything still up in the air with TV deals, fixtures, crowds and home games all set to change. The players have signed modified contracts for the rest of the season and according to Michael Marrone, at this stage anyone contracted for next season will continue as originally contracted.

What we know about the team-

Interim coach will be Carl Veart, I'm excited to see what he can do in his "audition" to remain as head coach. Veart has said he will continue with the 4-3-3.

Boland and Maria have both departed the club, Opseth and Jakobsen are both still in Adelaide, Yong-bin Chen is ???

Brisbane away is likely the first game.

Not sure about our injury list but AH Toure should be back you'd think. We have a decent team up top and in the middle, but we are lacking in defense, especially without a LB since Galloway left.

I can't even be sure of a lineup as we are pretty stacked for centre mids and strikers. We may see selections based on form instead of availability which will be a breath of fresh air.

I'm starting to get excited for the resumption, hopefully we'll see some home games with fans. I'm not fussed about making the finals, although it would be nice, I just want to see a plan, a vision, some commitment and passion... and some more action on WATR!
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Episode 6: Return of the Reds, guys.

Postby sevengoals Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:50 pm

I'm with you brother!

Come on UNITED!!!

We love football!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Yes I miss my reds dearly! I'd love to get along to a game soon if possible!!
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:53 pm

The remainder of the 2019-20 A-League season will be shown on Fox Sports after Football Federation Australia reached agreement on a reduced deal for the coronavirus-delayed campaign.

The new deal is reportedly worth $32m and also covers the 2020-21 season, which will begin in December and finish in July next year, heralding a gradual shift back to a winter competition. Professional football in Australia has been played across summer months since 1989.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dcast-deal

And David Squires is also back ... :D

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-in ... n-a-league

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm

I think we are in good hands.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:13 pm

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Damo

Postby Damo Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm

So a month of re-preseason has begun with everything still up in the air with TV deals, fixtures, crowds and home games all set to change. The players have signed modified contracts for the rest of the season and according to Michael Marrone, at this stage anyone contracted for next season will continue as originally contracted.

Interim coach will be Carl Veart, I'm excited to see what he can do in his "audition" to remain as head coach. Veart has said he will continue with the 4-3-3.

Boland and Maria have both departed the club, Opseth and Jakobsen are both still in Adelaide, Yong-bin Chen is ???

Not sure about our injury list but AH Toure should be back you'd think. We have a decent team up top and in the middle, but we are lacking in defense, especially without a LB since Galloway left.

I can't even be sure of a lineup as we are pretty stacked for center mids and strikers. We may see selections based on form instead of availability which will be a breath of fresh air.

I'm starting to get excited for the resumption, hopefully we'll see some home games with fans. I'm not fussed about making the finals, although it would be nice, I just want to see a plan, a vision, some commitment and passion... and some more action on WATR!

Bruce mentioned AH Toure is fit to play and also that Chen is still in Aus (I think they've had trouble getting him home).

Im strangely optimistic about our chances. Sure we looked terrible before the break but it was clear that the playing group were no longer keen to play for Verbeek. Where as the implications of COVID will have impacted most teams negatively with the loss of foreigners fitness etc, I dont expect it to have that impact on us. Most of our team is made up of young locals (being payed less) who will be itching to get back out there on the pitch to impress the new coach. Verbeek gone and Carl at the helm i think well see a much better team in the second part of the opera. Lack of defensive players is an ongoing concern which has definitely carried through though but i think we can cover this also. Id go with this (assuming all fit).

Isso
Marrone Jacobson Else Strain
Mauk Troisi
McGree
Halloren AH Toure Milly

D'Arrigio
M Toure
Kitto
Opseth
Richards
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Episode 6: Return of the Reds, guys.

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:27 pm

I can't even be sure of a lineup as we are pretty stacked for center mids and strikers. We may see selections based on form instead of availability which will be a breath of fresh air.

Bruce mentioned AH Toure is fit to play and also that Chen is still in Aus (I think they've had trouble getting him home).

Im strangely optimistic about our chances. Sure we looked terrible before the break but it was clear that the playing group were no longer keen to play for Verbeek. Where as the implications of COVID will have impacted most teams negatively with the loss of foreigners fitness etc, I dont expect it to have that impact on us. Most of our team is made up of young locals (being payed less) who will be itching to get back out there on the pitch to impress the new coach. Verbeek gone and Carl at the helm i think well see a much better team in the second part of the opera. Lack of defensive players is an ongoing concern which has definitely carried through though but i think we can cover this also. Id go with this (assuming all fit).

Isso
Marrone Jacobson Else Strain
Mauk Troisi
McGree
Halloren AH Toure Milly

D'Arrigio
M Toure
Kitto
Opseth
Richards
I'm happy with that lineup. The striker spot is up for grabs, could be either Opseth, Toure or Blackwood.

I hope we drop the zone defence on set pieces, no one knew what to do, no one went to the ball, it was like 11 statues every time the ball came into the box.

From memory we have a tough run to the finals... let me check-

City
Nix
Sydney
Perth
Brisbane

Not in that order.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Stefan Mauk speaks good things to the press!
I feel confident.

don't worry about competing against other codes just worry about ourselves ...

Stefan Mauk also believes the quality of football will be higher in a winter season due to the fact they won't be playing in 35° heat.
Quite logical really.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”