Staff & Player Retention

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Staff & Player Retention

Postby blahblah Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 am

Perth have stood down their squad and associated staff, Brisbane and Central Coast have followed.

Any news in regards to our intentions?
The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Staff & Player Retention

Postby The Claw Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am

Roar and mariners did the same as Perth yesterday and apparently jets and Adelaide are about to do the same, possibly today.
City and SFC likely to continue paying their players for another month.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:22 am

I dare say the clubs will be waiting to see whether the 2020/21 television deal holds before they determine their wage structures going forward. As such they will be wanting to shed their existing structures ASAP.

Professional sport globally may be paying a lot less in the coming years.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:19 pm

I read somewhere that Fox will be pulling out of the contract and will not be paying the last tranche of contract.

Here is the link.
Football Federation Australia has begun scoping out options for a new broadcast partner for the A-League, believing Fox Sports is looking to end its 15-year partnership with Australian football.

Despite having three years left to run on its contract, senior club and FFA sources anticipate Fox Sports will seek to end its $57 million per-year deal with the A-League, which has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a-l ... 54fbc.html

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Wowzers I wonder if this is the end of the HAL as we know it?
Time to Djbate!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Yep. Nothing better than a good unsubstantiated "I read somewhere that ...."
What we need in the midst of a pandemic is a nice bit of fear mongering. We aren't seeing enough of that.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 am

Dear Otto, here you go.
Football Federation Australia has begun scoping out options for a new broadcast partner for the A-League, believing Fox Sports is looking to end its 15-year partnership with Australian football.

Despite having three years left to run on its contract, senior club and FFA sources anticipate Fox Sports will seek to end its $57 million per-year deal with the A-League, which has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a-l ... 54fbc.html

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:01 am

What we need in the midst of a pandemic is a nice bit of fear mongering. We aren't seeing enough of that.

Dear Otto, it's perfectly ok to ask me for the source of a statement but it's not ok to accuse me of fearmongering and then to bring it into association with the virus.
I've posted a link to the article and if you have any problems with it I suggest you contact the journalist or the paper that printed it.

Stay healthy.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am

AUFC's entire staff - admin and football - have today been stood down.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 am

fwaark.
whatever we see at the end of all this, it won't be the same as it was going in.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:44 pm

fwaark.
whatever we see at the end of all this, it won't be the same as it was going in.
Correct. I am not sure what AUFC will look like on the other side of this however one would imagine a relaxation of the licensing conditions will come into effect which will see many clubs make whatever changes they need to stay in the black when the competition resumes.

A reduction in the wage structure of A-League clubs will see a decline in the financial gap between A-League and NPL making promotion/relegation more feasible, so we may yet come out of this with a stronger competition than we went in with.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:29 am

AUFC's entire staff - admin and football - have today been stood down.
The players and football staff are all safe at home with their families and we will reassess the situation on 22 April
https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... an-der-pol

Are you saying they WILL be stood down? Sounds like its not 100% happened yet.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:42 am

fwaark.
Correct. I am not sure what AUFC will look like on the other side of this however one would imagine a relaxation of the licensing conditions will come into effect which will see many clubs make whatever changes they need to stay in the black when the competition resumes.

A reduction in the wage structure of A-League clubs will see a decline in the financial gap between A-League and NPL making promotion/relegation more feasible, so we may yet come out of this with a stronger competition than we went in with.
Yes very true. This saga is a very good line in the sand for lots of things not only within Football.
Hopefully this big step backwards can be a fantastic opportunity for the 2nd tier of the game to gain ground.
I wonder if life within each state gets back to relative normal before state and international borders open up, whether the FFA would consider pumping up each NPL? The HAL clubs could either enter a side to play or loan their squads out to the NPL sides to boost the standard of the league.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 pm

I posted this almost 1 full month ago and I feel no new information has really come since then. I stand by what I said .
Its no secret how poorly many clubs are run financially, with all matchday revenues halting and a potential refund to members you have to wonder if we will see a rise and fall of many clubs and leagues around the world.

Imagine what it could do to the aleague and our own clubs.

To quote a very wise old man “ Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.”

Given the obscene amount of money in asia and the middle east who knows which clubs and leagues will rise and fall.
Beyond our beloved clubs surviving, I really could not care less if there was a massive reduction of money in football and sport in general.

As horrible is the current situation is in all facets of life around the world it also represent a chance for a massive reset to do things better on the other side of this.

My feeling is the Aleague in its current form in over, even the AFL and NRL are highly compromised. Hopefully a more grassroots community based approach will emerge in all sports. The only way forward for leagues to move beyond being at the mercy of TV deals is to televise their own leagues via pay per view apps.

On the other side of this the world is going to need a Marshall plan x10 to get rolling again and sport really has no place putting its hand out IMO it will be at the absolute back of the line.
I could not disagree with you more.

No doubt the tabloid media are squeezing the life out of this and doing their bit to get clicks. However the other side of the coin is that there has been a mountain of peer reviewed studies since January pretty clearly showing we have the makings of a world wide health catastrophy and a total economic shut down. Those who have sought bring the data to the general public have been accused of fear mongering and have been shunned from media outlets.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:21 am

Apologies for linking with the COVID-19.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”