Season’s finished?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mikeewanuk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Re: Season’s finished?

Postby mikeewanuk Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:30 am

I’m really concerned about the quality of players a smaller broadcast deal will give us. Foxtel we’re paying the player’s wages. Having been a member since the the start I feel engaged with the club. I’m prepared to pay $40+ a game to see a quality team of eleven players like Mc Gree, Flores, Isias etc. But I’d be reluctant to pay more than $10 a game to watch a team of NPL quality.
We’ll no longer see Marquee or ex-international players as they’ll get more money overseas and be reluctant to play here.
Where’s the money going to come from?
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:48 pm

I’m really concerned about the quality of players a smaller broadcast deal will give us. Foxtel we’re paying the player’s wages. Having been a member since the the start I feel engaged with the club. I’m prepared to pay $40+ a game to see a quality team of eleven players like Mc Gree, Flores, Isias etc. But I’d be reluctant to pay more than $10 a game to watch a team of NPL quality.
We’ll no longer see Marquee or ex-international players as they’ll get more money overseas and be reluctant to play here.

How about $25 per game to watch the best young Australian talent ? Mileusnic, D’Arrigo, Konstandopolous ?

I’d pay $25 to watch them. Maria, Opseth and Boland ? Not so much.

It’s worth pointing out that for your examples of successful AU imports you had to go back to Isiais, and then even further back for Flores.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 pm

The post-Covid restart of the A-League is a step closer after the FFA finalised its renumeration deal with the players’ union.

The deal was signed off on Monday and means the season has officially been extended until 31 August, with existing player contracts to be extended until that date.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rand-final

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 am

You beauty!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:32 pm

How about $25 per game to watch the best young Australian talent ? Mileusnic, D’Arrigo, Konstandopolous ?

I’d pay $25 to watch them. Maria, Opseth and Boland ? Not so much.

It’s worth pointing out that for your examples of successful AU imports you had to go back to Isiais, and then even further back for Flores.
Agree.

We won't see a drop in local standard, possibly the high end australian player may be more likely to take a contract overseas although most leagues and clubs are having the same financial issues.

It simply means the same Aussie players will still be there just being paid less for their efforts. The quality of imports may become far more speculative like the old days of the Aleague although it could go completely the other end of the spectrum with Euro clubs taking smaller squad sizes to enable paying their stars quality money...

Give me a genuine football loving crowd and football atmosphere with ambitious players proud to represent their shirt over empty 50k stadiums and on the brink of retirement marquee players.

Nothing has yet compared to AUFC in the NSL and first couple of years in the Aleague for me personally, yes the quality is much better now but back then it felt like football. Im hoping football can get back to its roots and not present to us like a mcdonalds happy meal.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 pm

By the way,

The A-League has become the final football code in Australia to confirm its return-to-play plans with 16 July targeted for the resumption of the 2019-20 season, although there is still no deal in place over broadcast rights.

Football Federation Australia announced its intention to plough on regardless of a deal being struck with Fox Sports after players underwent Covid-19 tests on Monday with a view to returning to training on Wednesday.
A-League resumption moves closer with pay deal agreed with players
Read more

The season will restart with Melbourne Victory taking on Western United at AAMI Park on Thursday 16 July, kicking off a 28-day period in which 27 games will be played to complete the regular season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-a-league

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Still no announcement from Fox tho?
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals

Re: Season’s finished? Season starting!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Back in training!

Michael Marrone speaks to the press

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Training!

There is something very reassuring in seeing Carl Veart in charge of the first team.

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 am

There is something very reassuring in seeing Carl Veart in charge of the first team.
Hard to argue. Everyone is craving a steady ship in all aspects of life and Carl certainly projects that sense of surety.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Hard to argue. Everyone is craving a steady ship in all aspects of life and Carl certainly projects that sense of surety.
I feel like Valkanis is the guy long term.

He has followed van't schip around since city, to PEC zwolle in the Eridivisie and interestingly now to the Greek national team where they are trying to revolutionise the way Greece play to a more progressive style. So he has grown a lot since he was caretaker of AUFC and we kicked victory out of the game at hindmarsh.

I would be happy if we paid Valkanis a pretty penny to come back with a longterm contract rather than invest in high quality visa players.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Season’s finished? Season starting!

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:08 pm

I feel like Valkanis is the guy long term.

He has followed van't schip around since city, to PEC zwolle in the Eridivisie and interestingly now to the Greek national team where they are trying to revolutionise the way Greece play to a more progressive style. So he has grown a lot since he was caretaker of AUFC and we kicked victory out of the game at hindmarsh.

I would be happy if we paid Valkanis a pretty penny to come back with a longterm contract rather than invest in high quality visa players.
Someone told me the other day that Valkanis isn't likely to be going anywhere because his son is playong over there now? Or something like that.

Although in football, anything can happen, give them both contracts if we have too... haha
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:46 am

I think we can lock in a hub format to finish the season, thanks to Victoria.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:13 pm

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 pm

So have we actually heard when games will restart?
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”