Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Well that wasn't worth sneaking out of my quarantine for...
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:14 pm

Deplorable!

All season we have been outplayed by poorer sides.

Outfoxed, outcoached. Poor tactics, poor defensive displays, poor structure.

Australia needs to end its unfounded affair with Dutch coaches and football in general. Never works.

Verbeek out.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Should have learnt after the Coolen debacle, this bloke is a sham. Defence completely neglected in both transfer windows, leaving blokes like Elsey as walk up starts when they are tripe. Imports are all garbage too.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Verbeek's appointment was a 'job for a mate'.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sudden reversal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Michael Marrone

Postby sudden reversal Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:02 pm

Verbeek was brought in to use the youth, an area where Kurz had no interest. In that regard, he's been a success with the discovery and development of the Toure's and D'Arrigio.

But he got outplayed today and in other past games. I like his pressers, we have won the FFA Cup and been pretty successful against the Tards which forgives much, but our season is cooked by the looks.

Will be very interesting to see what he has to say about this one.

Hard match to have walked 8km to the ground to go watch utter tripe.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Verbeek was brought in to use the youth, an area where Kurz had no interest. In that regard, he's been a success with the discovery and development of the Toure's and D'Arrigio.

But he got outplayed today and in other past games. I like his pressers, we have won the FFA Cup and been pretty successful against the Tards which forgives much, but our season is cooked by the looks.

Will be very interesting to see what he has to say about this one.

Hard match to have walked 8km to the ground to go watch utter tripe.
Yep I think this is a fair post.

I was happy we got rid of Kurz because going to matches just wasn't an enjoyable experience for me. There's some good things you've outlined that are positives but I think we could get that with another coach and on the whole I don't think Verbeek is right for us.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:24 pm

I’m happy with Verbeek. Looked like he tried to change formation today to strengthen the midfield, playing 4-4-2, but it gave no extra cover for D’Arrigo because it was a hot day and McGree, Troisi and Mauk looked like they were all told to play attack, attack, attack.

Club can’t win - sign Kurtz and people complain about negative football and failing to promote youth. We all want to give the youth a go and play attacking football.

Sign Verbeek - play attacking football and give youth a go and people complain we shouldn’t be playing the youth and should be focusing more on our defence.

I was at the game, so haven’t seen the TV replays ... but their goal looked offside, and I thought we had two clear penalties denied (handball about the head, and the pull on Toure). Or did VAR get all 3 decisions right?
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:43 pm

I’m happy with Verbeek. Looked like he tried to change formation today to strengthen the midfield, playing 4-4-2, but it gave no extra cover for D’Arrigo because it was a hot day and McGree, Troisi and Mauk looked like they were all told to play attack, attack, attack.

Club can’t win - sign Kurtz and people complain about negative football and failing to promote youth. We all want to give the youth a go and play attacking football.

Sign Verbeek - play attacking football and give youth a go and people complain we shouldn’t be playing the youth and should be focusing more on our defence.

I was at the game, so haven’t seen the TV replays ... but their goal looked offside, and I thought we had two clear penalties denied (handball about the head, and the pull on Toure). Or did VAR get all 3 decisions right?
You don't think the defence is a problem under Verbeek? Defending is a part of the game as much as attacking. Defending also don't mean parking the bus btw
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:57 pm

I genuinely dont think our defenders are as bad players as they've shown in the last month or so.

D'Arrigo is spent but not rested, and our other mids have no interest in defending. McGree has been enormous but the other guys have been poor at best.

This is on the coach. I like his philosophy as a whole but I'm sick of him hiding behind the "we don't have the money" line. Its a cop out.

I'm now starting to see signs of the players not buying in, which is a worry
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Just in case any one hasn’t noticed, we lost 5-1.
At home.
In perfect conditions.
With a near full strength squad.
Against a team without a home ground. That’s less than a season old.

That Is Alarm Bells!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Marrone needa to come in, LB or CB.

Our imports are worse than our young kids.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:46 pm

Next week Newcastle and then bye followed by the top five teams. Does not look good. Hate to say it but, no finals this year. Everyone has worked us out.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:03 pm

Yep, that was as bad as it gets. Indefensible really. Hardly a player on the pitch who could hold their head up. The defence is a complete shambles and Maria was really bad tonight - which doesn't make him a bad player always - and Strain and he were invisible when we needed them to be solid. D'Arrigo needs company. He's getting rolled every week now. Elsey is average but tries. The Yak has had a poor month. Nothing is working.

But the worst thing of all was Verbeek's response. If you're the boss and you picked the team and you set the tactics then you can't sit in your chair, ignore what's going on and withdraw your support from the players. There's one person in the ground who can actually change thing and that's you! Appalling behaviour and such a bad look. I've really enjoyed his time as manager and I don't want him to leave but he owes the players, the fans and the club and apology. He got it badly wrong tonight and he needs to accept that.

So, we'll all be back next week wishing and hoping.....

Between now and then there had better be some honest and hard words spoken about what sort of club we want to be. Tonight was not even State League standard.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:07 am

Getting trounced at home is never a good sign. It’s a shame lia is gone, feel we could use him right about now to help Louis.
I still feel the defence is let down by our mids. Verbeek wants all out attack and this is what happens.
Having said that I still like Verbeek. He has brought us some very exciting games - something Kurz didn’t do. He also has done wonders in exposition the young talent which has Australia excited.
We are a club that has little money. We can either play boring football and grind out results only to make up numbers in finals without playing youth. Or we can play exciting but sometimes painful football and make up numbers in finals whilst exposing youth. We don’t seem able to have it all.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 am

Pretty dire how many are saying they won’t renew or attend any more games, but completely understandable. I personally won’t be going again this season, it’s unwatchable since January.
Verbeek may not rate defence, but every good team must be good at it as history shows in every championship in the world. Team has no structure or balance and neither has the coaching.
The fact we rely on players like Elsey, Blackwood, strain and Kitto is evidence we are a mediocre team And our imports would be amongst the worst in the comp, Chen a highlight of the current ownership priorities to develop and sell over being a championship contending team.
I reckon McGree and any others getting decent offers will all be sold ASAP. Crowds over 10k seem like a distant memory these days too

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”