Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

GrandPappyOfFunk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:45 am

Given all this talk about "attacking football" , where exactly is all the attacking?

Against WU we lost 5-1 and had 2 shots on goal vs 7.

Against Victory they had 8 shots on target vs our 4. Game before that against WSW they had 10 shots on target vs our 3.

Maria and Strain had poor games too being constantly found out of position, terrible in defence but more importantly in my mind had no effect going forward.

If we were actually threatening moving forward with our fullbacks providing assists or goals i can see the trade-off. But if our full backs are not having any effect moving forward, why play with a suicidal defensive structure?

I don't want Verbeek to be sacked, on the whole I like what the club is doing but I think now is the real test. Will he be able to fix this glaring issue?

We may not have the best defensive players in the league, but I feel like they are nowhere near as bad as they are being made to look.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Given all this talk about "attacking football" , where exactly is all the attacking?

Against WU we lost 5-1 and had 2 shots on goal vs 7.

Against Victory they had 8 shots on target vs our 4. Game before that against WSW they had 10 shots on target vs our 3.

Maria and Strain had poor games too being constantly found out of position, terrible in defence but more importantly in my mind had no effect going forward.

If we were actually threatening moving forward with our fullbacks providing assists or goals i can see the trade-off. But if our full backs are not having any effect moving forward, why play with a suicidal defensive structure?

I don't want Verbeek to be sacked, on the whole I like what the club is doing but I think now is the real test. Will he be able to fix this glaring issue?

We may not have the best defensive players in the league, but I feel like they are nowhere near as bad as they are being made to look.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I was very disappointed last night that after their #1 keeper came off we had 2 shots on target for the whole game. He got beaten at the front post and didn't look comfortable at all but we didn't even test him.

Verbeek does seem to say "sometimes you have to be lucky" and things like that often but we were easily beaten last night by a team parking the bus and playing on the counter. Nothing to do with luck, the tactics were wrong and we didn't change anything. Boland could have bolstered our defensive midfield but obviously isn't rated, but chuck a 15 year old kid on for the last 10 minutes? Odd decision.

I'm still not Verbeek out but I'd like to see us end the season without any more embarrassment...
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Bitter.

Too much space between the lines.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 am

flavze

Postby flavze Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:19 pm

play kitto at LB, push Maria into the midfield alongside D,Ariggio to give the kid some support. McGree starts in midfield and toss a coin for the rest of the underperforming fools around him. Halloran starts if fit. Oh and Marrone in for Elsey who can sit on the bench for a bit.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:07 pm

And Strain signs on for two.

Not to be a stick in the mud but honestly he was better when he was young and hungry. On the fringes of A-League quality today.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Western United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:00 pm

And Strain signs on for two.

Not to be a stick in the mud but honestly he was better when he was young and hungry. On the fringes of A-League quality today.
Yeh I agree. Announcing extensions of players in form or while we are winning is fun. Announcing extensions of struggling players while the team is struggling feels complacent and lazy.

No point resigning the same 23 lads and getting the same results next year.

I wonder if the 12th club coming in is forcing our hand at locking in some of these guys?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”