Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 pm

And this ...

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Every loss is disappointing. After every loss you can point the finger at players who did this or that, or who didn’t do this or that. It was against MV (in poor form yes, but they lift against us), in Melbourne, Troisi’s return, we had players out, Opseth scored, we hit the woodwork 3 times, at 1-1 we didn’t sit back and kill the game but instead went for the win with positive substitutions.

I don’t like to lose, especially to MV, but I’m happy with the Verbeek revolution and accepting of our players’ weaknesses. A hard loss to take when I thought we looked the likely winners, but it’s not like we lost 3-0 and were outclassed.
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Every loss is disappointing. After every loss you can point the finger at players who did this or that, or who didn’t do this or that. It was against MV (in poor form yes, but they lift against us), in Melbourne, Troisi’s return, we had players out, Opseth scored, we hit the woodwork 3 times, at 1-1 we didn’t sit back and kill the game but instead went for the win with positive substitutions.

I don’t like to lose, especially to MV, but I’m happy with the Verbeek revolution and accepting of our players’ weaknesses. A hard loss to take when I thought we looked the likely winners, but it’s not like we lost 3-0 and were outclassed.
Exactly. I'd rather lose like this than lose like last week.

Nabbout has been average all season, fluffed so many chances and then he scores a worldie against us. If he tried that 99 more times he'd probably miss them all.

Both teams had chances that should have been scored but didn't, unlucky and lucky at the same time.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”