Could we see and all Adelaide 11?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Could we see and all Adelaide 11?

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:39 pm

With the rise of the Toure brothers and Milesenic, while also having some fantastic quality in the midfield from local products the positions that Visa players would usually fill can and have largely been taken by Aussies and to a large extent AUFC products.

Given we have some of these guys on long term contracts you have to wonder what the chances are of seeing an all AUFC home grown 11 sometime in the next few years, injuries and transfers willing. With players like Tongik, Goodwin, Warland, Kamau Mabil and Garuccio always floating around plus other youth players like Brook it certainly is not out of the question.

Toure.....Toure....Mileusenic
...............Mcgree...................
..........Mauk......D'Arrigo......
?.........Elsey....?........Strain.
.................Izzo.....................

There are certainly local CB and LB options for the future. Warland and Garuccio obvious picks.

First of all, what a position to be in! Being able to potentially field a competitive Aleague side with club grown talent. I cannot think of a club that has even remotely come close to this.

Second, In a league of bland franchises and the continual merry go round of players collecting Aleague clubs. An all AUFC 11 is certainly something I can get behind and have some pride in. I think Verbeek, Bruce and the owners are steering us to a good place.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Could we see and all Adelaide 11?

Postby blahblah Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:52 am

It's very impressive. For me the maintenance of the South Australian element in the squad is crucial.
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 am

All Toure 11 tbh
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:09 pm

I would love to see this happen but only if it doesn’t cost us the opportunity to compete for silverware.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:36 pm

I would love to see this happen but only if it doesn’t cost us the opportunity to compete for silverware.
This is the key, we're local, competitive AND playing good football (most of the time).

Goodwin, Garruccio, McGowan, Malik, Warland, Tongyik, Katroumbis would all be candidates to fill the LB and CB positions. (oh, and lets not forget Kitto)
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Toure.....Toure....Mileusenic
...............Mcgree...................
..........Mauk......D'Arrigo......
?.........Elsey....?........Strain.
.................Izzo.....................

[/quote]

SA and I think all under 25-26. Average age would be about 20-21.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 pm

I suppose its possible we might see an all toure front 3 one day if they all stay here long enough
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Personally I don't feel the need to see a 100% SA side. I love seeing the club developing players in fact I almost get more joy seeing these kids being given a go and them succeeding as I do seeing AU win trophies. But we're playing the world game here. Shutting ourselves off completely to other footballing cultures would be sad to see. I doubt there are few more exciting news headlines to read then the club signing a Brazillian playermaker!
I think playing someone purely because of the area they were born in is counter productive. If they are good enough GREAT play them. I'm also all for offering youth players time to develop into a HAL player. I think one massive issue with the HAL is that most youth players aren't afforded enough time to develop into HAL players. But if there is a better option from Melbourne, Sydney or Spain even that available to the club then I feel the club would suffer from not going after them.
Unless the club is taken over by an oil baron are never going to have cash to splash on players that Syd and Melbourne clubs can lure so generally AU need to have an excellent development system to cope with that.
But finding the right mix between locals and foreigners is the best model I personally think there is in world football.
So I'd love a side made up of primarily youth players developed by the club and then the club spends the limited funds they have on filling the holes the development squads haven't been able to fill with imports from interstate and abroad. IMO this is the Barcelona model that has served them very well over the last 20 years. Arguably Fergie did the same with Man U in the late 90's early 00's. (Although that's probably more of a altered Barca model as far as buying in talent to develop as well).
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”