Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bruuuuuuuuce
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Toure played less than 20 mins and was absolutely stuffed. He was the match-winner.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Adelaide United 2 - 0 CC Mariners

Game over!

Well that was a surprise in the end.
Two moments of real quality settled it for United.

And that my dear fellow supporters is why we love this great game!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Drab and dour for 80+ minutes then - once again - Adelaide's most abused player sends a world class finish into the top corner. Toure made a real difference. McGree made Toure's goal with a gut-busting run that was out of this world. Halloran class again

A special word for the referee.....special....really special.....
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:12 pm

I think the key is me writing Blackwood off and losing my shit at him, always seems to score when I do.
Ref was a shocker, no consistency whatsoever and playing touch football judging by some mind boggling decisions in a game with zero niggle or controversy. It was almost like he needed to remind us he was there. The Iranian and female ref are the 2 best in the league imo, the rest are useless
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Would love Mo to stay on the bench, these late cameos are great but he won't run out a game.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 pm

Mohamed Toure was the perfect bit of impact and late-match life that the game needed. His freshness turned the tide in our favour. Before that it was a pretty scrappy and dull affair, and CCM created more chances and moved the ball better than we did.

Let's be careful about Toure - he has three years before he is a finished product physically.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 pm

After the game is before the game ...

Our Great Leader talks to the press after the match.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 am

Three things killed the game before the 80th minute last night. 1 CCM’s negativity. Eleven men behind the ball in three regimented rows. Their constant fouling and pushing in the back. 2 The appalling refereeing. Missed everything, constantly blowing the whistle and stopping play. 3 The absent Red Army. No chanting whatsoever until a bloke behind me in row P of the eastern stand woke them up. They must have all been at the Fringe or too busy chatting amongst themselves.
I think we really missed Strain and Troisi last night.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 am

Just when it looked like it was about to peter out into a dull 0 - all draw, along come McGree, Blackwood and the younger Toure to set the match alight. We barely deserved a draw before the 80th minute; we didn't deserve to lose after the 85th.

I've been critical of Georgie Blackwood in the past and even wrote him off a month ago. I'm big enough to admit that I was wrong; Georgie, we love you again. More of that, week in, week out please - especially against the Western Wallies next week.

Enough has been said about the younger Toure already that it doesn't need repeating. To mangle Wordsworth, to have one Toure is bliss; to have two of them is very heaven. How good will our front line be when we have both fit and firing?

I thought that we missed Troisi, but Boland is determined to make up for his lost time. He is a dynamo of energy and while not the most technically gifted of players, he reads the game better than anyone and always pops up in the right positions. He's a keeper, come contract renewal time.

There was no atmosphere until the 80th minute, when the Red Army finally woke up. A small crowd didn't help, but it's the RA's job to wake the crowd, not the other way round.

McGree is comfortably the best player in the side and I cannot see us keeping him past this season. He will break double figures for goals scored sometime before the end of February and that may be the last that we see of him, alas. Then it will be up to Opseth to start banging them in.

So not a great match by any stretch, but the right result in the end. I felt a little bit sorry for the Central Toast at the end; they toiled really hard in the first half and should have been at least 2 - nil up at the half, but they are like the blind piano player in a brothel; they know that stuff is going on around them, but they are always separate from the main action.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:32 am

I too must rescind my criticism of blackwood, he has turned it around and is proving us all wrong, great work from him.
Mcgree would be put on a pedestal by media if he wore a SFC or MVFC shirt. Easily the best player outsode of those teams.......because noone else exists outside those teams.
Hopefully we can nurture the toure brothers with constant game time over the next couple years and then see Al Hassan flourish overseas and eventually Mohammad. But they both need to consolidate themsleves here first. I would be furious if they do what previous young guns have and left for eaat coast teams and dwindle away.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 am

George is benefiting from some consistent game time. Banging in a couple will do wonders for the confidence as well.

I think Opseth will benefit from the same consistency. I really enjoyed seeing him throw his hands to the heavens in celebration/relief when Georgie scored - he clearly wants the team to win, even if he's not the one scoring. It's sometimes hard to find this in an import, particularly one who's only been here for half a season.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:03 am

Mohamed Toure was the perfect bit of impact and late-match life that the game needed. His freshness turned the tide in our favour. Before that it was a pretty scrappy and dull affair, and CCM created more chances and moved the ball better than we did.

Let's be careful about Toure - he has three years before he is a finished product physically.
We should have had 3 goals at the half.

They created chances but never really looked dangerous if you get me, guess that's why they are where they are on the table.

Agree re Toure, seems to have good people around him too so keeping him level shouldn't be an issue.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:01 pm

George is benefiting from some consistent game time. Banging in a couple will do wonders for the confidence as well.

I think Opseth will benefit from the same consistency. I really enjoyed seeing him throw his hands to the heavens in celebration/relief when Georgie scored - he clearly wants the team to win, even if he's not the one scoring. It's sometimes hard to find this in an import, particularly one who's only been here for half a season.
Agree regarding Opseth, his attitude seems very good which is why most are tolerating his lack of goals more so than previous import strikers
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Highlights!

B)

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 pm

The really exciting thing is in the next 2 to 3 years we may see an aufc 11 with 100% local products on the pitch.

Injuries willing. We could field a quality aleague team as if is with only Maria and Jakobsen the non adelaide natives.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”