Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby RedTide Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Victorian referees going easy on Victorian sides and harsh on us is just a fact of life in the A-League; we have 2 x GF appearances against the filth that showed how openly biased some of the eastern states referees are. We just have to overcome the inbuilt bias and play better because of it; it's not right, it's not fair, but as all the referees come from the eastern states, we have to deal with it. We can whinge all we like, but nothing will change, because the FFA really only cares about a Sydney vs Melbourne GF every year. The rest of the teams (in their eyes) are always subordinate to that.

As a related point, it's worth noting that when Marco Kurz was sacked from the filth a week ago, Markus Babbel wrote to him and lamented the standard of refereeing here and how different it is from Europe. All we can hope for is that the FFA start recruiting referees from cities that don't start with an S or an M and that the gradual expansion of the league leads to a wider refereeing pool.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Reds United, I'm not saying the referee was perfect, but compared to what we've had recently, it was an improvement. I don't think the refereeing altered the outcome of the game, how many HAL games can you say that...

Also, I blame the 2 useless linesmen, one for flagging broxhams dives every time and the other for never flagging the MV players for holding shirts/bodies.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:54 pm

I dont think its the standard of the referees that is the issue, its the lack of consistency.

If I watch the EPL I have an expectation how the game will be officiated so to when I watch Serie A , the aleague is an absolute Lottery

So many times Ive turned off a match ruined by topsy turvy refs swearing to not bother with the league... yet here i
I am.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:06 pm

I dont think its the standard of the referees that is the issue, its the lack of consistency.

If I watch the EPL I have an expectation how the game will be officiated so to when I watch Serie A , the aleague is an absolute Lottery

So many times Ive turned off a match ruined by topsy turvy refs swearing to not bother with the league... yet here i
I am.
If the Reds are in your blood then you can't just walk away. This is my team and I'm here to stay, no matter what VAR, FFA or refereeing rubbish is thrown at me.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am

Talking of the refs I just watched the gf replay where cristiano was red carded in the 9th min. Then remembered the offside Archie goals in the first Gf we played. The refs have been atrocious

Then there is the victory win over newy in the gf with an offside goal. The tards have 4 championships yet two have asterisks next to them.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:05 am

And the billy celeski studs up kick to the head in that gf being ignored.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”