Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Konsta has to start in the mid instead of blackwood from now on. Or anyone.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Konsta has to start in the mid instead of blackwood from now on. Or anyone.
Troisi probably.

I'd give Brook a run.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Quick question. Why did the play stop in second half when two victory players went down without head injuries. I thought only head injuries caused a stop in play. Really killed the momentum at the time.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 pm

The goal showed the difference an actual striker makes to our attacks, having a target who can hold the ball and move it on to another attacker in a good positon is what we lacked during out 4 losses.

WTF is the deal with stopping an attack because 2 defenders copped a football in the nads ? All for stopping the game for head injuries but a defender blocking a kicked ball?!

/Edit REDS beat me to it
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 pm

one thing that annoyed me, why both victory players went down for balls hitting their bodies amd the ref stops our attack to attend to them, then they blow up at the ref for being forced off the field for the re start. Either you can't play or you can, and broxham trying to tell the ref he would contest the drop ball if the players dont get let back on straight away is a laugh, except the ref caved.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji2398]

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Any win over Melbourne is a good win!

Played well enough, snapped our bad run. Izzo fantastic, and well defended in the second half.

Re: Blackwood, he's not a midfielder. Verbeek playing him there to force him out.

Last edited by ChillyPhilly on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Well, there can be no defending blackwood. Ruined multiple great chances and couldnt even keep the ball at his feet.
So good to have the wood over melbourne.
Yeah that's it for me, I've defended him a lot too.

3 points is 3 points.
yep im tapping out as well.

He came here as a young talented striker and struggled due to having a team not capable of giving him the ball.

3 years later he is in the midfield making poor decisions, seems like a good kid and certainly puts in the effort but he has had his chances.

Given we have a game in hand and assuming we can keep our players fit anywhere up to 2nd on the ladder is very possible IMO. Our first 11 when in first is as good as any.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:41 pm

Really tough game to win and we did well to both hold on to the narrowest possible lead and to maintain a clean sheet - which must be our first in, what, 10 matches? Maybe someone can look that up. A truer result would have been 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 our way; the filth barely touched the ball in the first half and at times it was like watching our seniors play against the NPL side. A couple of random thoughts ....

1. The George Blackwood experiment has not worked. Anyone can see that he tries his heart out and throws himself at everything, but he lacks the capacity to read the game and has all the elegance on the ball of a newborn giraffe. Sorry George; it's time for you to find another club;
2. This was the worst filth side I have ever seen. Filth teams of the past would at least have shown some fight. Half their first team are not good enough to play for the Jest or the Central Toast. They sacked Marco, when they should have sacked half the side and kept Marco, who had at least turned the ship around;
3. Another great evening at Coopers, at the best boutique football stadium in the country with our vastly passionate and wonderful AUFC fans. Every time that the filth fans got a bit noisy, we just turned the volume up and drowned out their hateful grunting and shouting;
4. I was reflecting last week that every season we have one horror month, when we can't buy a win and then we win ugly against a more fancied opponent and suddenly the ship rights itself and we are back on course. We just had that month; time for normal service to resume;
5. Opseth did lots of work off the ball that may not have been obvious from the telecast. He is turning into a quality forward and the goals will start coming soon;
6. Has anyone else noticed that the new filth coach, who is Spanish, could be Guillermo Amor's brother? The resemblance is remarkable;
7. We're away to WU next week and I am confident that we will beat them there. Their ship is listing badly and ours is steaming ahead nicely, on course for sunny, calm waters.

Here ends the shipping metaphor.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 pm

One big fat cherry on the top of my cake!

3 points are 3 points are 3 points.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:06 pm

What did everyone think of the officiating tonight?

I was pretty happy with it, for the first time in a long while. There were a few things that could have gone either way but I thought it was pretty even. The handball was obviously incorrect and overturned quickly. Their penalty shout was correctly dismissed. The only really poor moment of refereeing was stopping the game because the 2 victory players had been hit by the ball.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

A win is a win but geez we ride our luck and depend on Izzo a lot to save our ass. Defensively we have massive issues which is not a problem until we lose momentum (which will happen every game) and then start allowing very good chances as we are so loose.
But 1st half was good, 2nd half not so much. But after 4 losses, any win against MV is nice.

As for Blackwood, well I have never been convinced he has what is needed, too slow and indecisive- he has had so many chances to show he is up to it and has never convinced. If Kitto got a baking for his defending, surely its Deadwood turn this week as he is clearly not A-League level after 50 + games.
Would rather see a youth player get a chance.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 am

What did everyone think of the officiating tonight?

I was pretty happy with it, for the first time in a long while. There were a few things that could have gone either way but I thought it was pretty even. The handball was obviously incorrect and overturned quickly. Their penalty shout was correctly dismissed. The only really poor moment of refereeing was stopping the game because the 2 victory players had been hit by the ball.
I reckon you're pretty well spot on, BP. I thought that the ref (Kersey?) was very fair. To overturn your own decision for a wrong penalty call takes guts and he didn't hesitate once he saw the replay.

Stopping the game when the 2 filth players went down in their own box caused consternation in the section of the stands where I sit too. If there is no injury, or potential injury, to the head, then play ought to continue. He realised his mistake and awarded a drop ball (once the filth players had stopped flopping around on the deck and screaming for their mums), which became effectively a free kick, as no filth player was allowed near Izzo. So on balance, I think he did a pretty good job.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:47 am

You guys praising the referee have got it wrong. He was conned repeatedly by Broxham and Kruse going to ground easily (Except the penalty claim by Kruse), and was infuriating by giving many incorrect soft free kicks against both sides. He awarded a penalty against Elsey for handball when he was positioned BEHIND Elsey. Thank God for the fact he consulted the VAR. Why did he not show a yellow card to Toure for the repeated fouling of Halloran and other United players? How inconsistent when one of our players got booked for his first foul which wasn't even a bad tackle. As previously mentioned, he stopped the game when two Victory players had been hit downstairs. The referee should only be stopping the game for head injuries. I am really concerned at the standard of refereeing this season. Some of the VAR decisions have been unbelievable.
Last edited by Reds United on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:01 am

It was good to see Mirko Boland returning to action. Blackwood has to go. He is not a midfielder or an effective striker. Has played fifty games for us and has not shown anything out of the ordinary. He is too slow, not combative enough given his height and physique and spurns too many golden opportunities to score. Can we offer him for trade? Opseth needs to do more. His reputation as a goalscorer and having a hammer of left foot has not been in evidence so far. I want to see him play a few full games as a starter to see the best of him before making a proper judgement. Like Blackwood he has the height and physique to be an effective target man type odf striker. He has shown glimpses of how he holds the ball up and setting up team mates with flick ons, headers and passes. Mileusnic needs to get back to his early season form as he has played poorly the last few games. Halloran did a ton of work defensively last night. Probably his best game in a defensive sense. He needs to take on his full back more like he did late in the game when he easily pushed the ball past Toure. With the departures of Armiento,Lia and Margush, I hope that the club can bring in some new blood to cover the weaknesses in our squad.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:49 pm

theres the famous broxham dive
Broxham
Broxham
You don't have to put on the red light
Broxham
You don't have to put on the red light

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”