Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

UnitedPants
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

Postby UnitedPants Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 am

Kurz got a red card yesterday and will be coaching from the stands.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

Postby otto62 Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:50 pm

He won a trophy with us, and with a bit of luck he won't win a thing with MV.
So he's welcome to come and sit next to me, as I've got plenty I'd be happy to say to him.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Kurz always cops it from refs. I wonder what it is he is doing that warrants the reds andnyellows compared to how muscat andnothers carried on.
UnitedPants

Postby UnitedPants Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:59 pm

I think it was the language don't know how Muscat got away with it though.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Language?

Maybe he swore in German and asked the enteral question,
" Schiri, bist du blind? Das war kein Elfmeter, du dickhead ! " :mrgreen:

If I recall correctly he was once booked for using German to give instructions to Adlung which was ( if true) the most stupid yellow I ever saw.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:50 pm

Michael Jakobsen speaks to the press ...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:26 am

All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am

With the garbage Verbeek came out with in the press and now this news, I'm genuinely worried. Can see their team highly motivated and ours the opposite.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm

With the garbage Verbeek came out with in the press and now this news, I'm genuinely worried. Can see their team highly motivated and ours the opposite.
It's the Dutch way - much like us, they call a spade a spade and don't care who is offended. Europeans famously refer to the Dutch as "the rudest people in Europe", but they are (to my mind) just refreshingly honest. GV said what he said about Kitto because the latter made a couple of basic errors that let the Perth Shame score twice, despite us being well on top and them hardly touching the ball. If some don't like his brutal honesty, then that is their problem.

I would much rather a gaffer who is brutally honest and who tells underperforming players that they need to lift, than the alternative of pretending that everyone is wonderful all the time; which, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, is very much the Gen Y way.

I think that our problem this week will not be brutally honest performance assessments from GV, but rather the "new manager bounce" from the filth having sacked Marco. I just hope that we switch on right from the start and don't have to wait until we fall behind before we start playing at our best.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
UnitedPants

Postby UnitedPants Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Yes we'll need to press hard early but I don't know who's going to score our goals!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:02 pm

I think this has the makings to be a classic match in the history our rivalry.

Victory players on the rebound after the ex aufc manager sacked from victory and looking to impress an incoming manager.

A young aufc team who has been taken to task by their straight talking manager wanting some kind of emotional response.

Add to that the rivalry and packed coopers stadium... im tipping many cards, the team to manage their emotions best may be the winner.

I think we need a skippers effort from jakobsen and need to keep an eye in D’arrigo, he will be up to this match but is also most likely to get sent off.

I think this game will be season defining.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm

Usual mvfc tactics. Foul and break down our attacks early knowing the ref will bitch out and not give cards early, so broxham will hack away in the middle.
Then mvfc will get out wide of the 18 yard box and fall over with no contact and get a free kick, whipped in and converted by toivonen. Then we chase the game from there.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview AUFC vs MV 17/1/20

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:36 pm

It's the Dutch way - much like us, they call a spade a spade and don't care who is offended. Europeans famously refer to the Dutch as "the rudest people in Europe", but they are (to my mind) just refreshingly honest. GV said what he said about Kitto because the latter made a couple of basic errors that let the Perth Shame score twice, despite us being well on top and them hardly touching the ball. If some don't like his brutal honesty, then that is their problem.

I would much rather a gaffer who is brutally honest and who tells underperforming players that they need to lift, than the alternative of pretending that everyone is wonderful all the time; which, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, is very much the Gen Y way.

I think that our problem this week will not be brutally honest performance assessments from GV, but rather the "new manager bounce" from the filth having sacked Marco. I just hope that we switch on right from the start and don't have to wait until we fall behind before we start playing at our best.
We can look back fondly now at Josep Gombau's losing press conferences - "I am so happy" but at the time it was frustrating. I'm also a cynical person and see Verbeek's complaints as possibly calling out the owners/Bruce's recruitment?

I was watching a couple of replays from this season the other day and has anyone else noticed how stagnant we are when defending corners?

Hoping we see this lineup-

Izzo
Marrone-Elsey-Jako-Maria
D'Arrigo-Boland/Troisi
McGree
Halloran-Opseth-Mileusnic

Subs-
Troisi/Boland, Lia, Strain, Blackwood, Konstandopolous, Brook

Or even start Lia and let him score a brace against victory again...
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:29 pm

What garbage was that ??
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:05 pm

As a coach you're skating on very thin ice when you criticize your players in public. "Brutally honest performance assessments" are better delivered behind closed doors imo.

Say what you like about Kurz's tactics (and plenty on this forum have), but last season the players would have run through a brick wall for him. I'm not sure we can say the same for Verbeek.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”