Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamborree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamborree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Will we score though ...

No we don't George Blackwood blazes the ball over the cross bar.

I can not believe it.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:08 pm

The dickhead wants to go off..?
I would do the same. That was a horrific call.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Adelaide United 2 - 3 WS Wanderers

Game over.
All over ...
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Hey everyone, just a reminder that george blackwood is a spud and he again proved it tonight
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Blackwood and beath fighting it out as donkey of the game.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Other than the missed pen. Blackwood didn't play badly.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Some players have it and some don’t, Georgie will never have it. Tbh though, smart teams swap pen takers in the same game unless they have a deadeye. Team looks severely inexperienced in a few areas and worried we will get left behind as the season progresses.
As for beath and AMS on VAR, absolutely incompetent on every level from the non red in the 1st. A recipe guaranteed to fuk up yet the geniuses at FFA thought that would be winning combo.
Last edited by The Claw on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Other than failing to hit a target from 12 yards....yeah kind of a big fail at this level.....also he again lives up to his reputation for yellow cards for stupid fouls.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:21 pm

I'm flogging a dead horse now but no McGree, no Adelaide United.

3 (very, very lucky) points from the last 12 against bottom 4 teams, 3 of which were played at home.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamborree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Some players have it and some don’t, Georgie will never have if.
As for beath and AMS on VAR, absolutely incompetent on every level from the non red in the 1st
How does Toure receive a yellow for retaliation after being fouled in the box but Mitch duke kicks out at a player, a clear red to every single person watching and actually gets awarded the free kick.

The handball pen is bullshit I agree but is consistent with what we've seen this season. It would be nice to know the thought process on some of those calls tonight. Result aside, the officiating was some of the worst I've seen in a while.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Beath explained his decisions, basically said VAR made the call on duke's kick. So Kurt Ams needs to seriously justify how it was not deemed violent conduct
Reds

Postby Reds Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Beath explained his decisions, basically said VAR made the call on duke's kick. So Kurt Ams needs to seriously justify how it was not deemed violent conduct
Kurt ams needs to be sacked with that call. I’ve watched it and I just can’t see how to justify it being accepted and not given a red card. I’ve looked at it as if I was a victory supporter and it’s still a red. I am baffled by this var call.
Reds

Postby Reds Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Kurt ams needs to be sacked with that call. I’ve watched it and I just can’t see how to justify it being accepted and not given a red card. I’ve looked at it as if I was a victory supporter and it’s still a red. I am baffled by this var call.
One positive though is that duke can still be suspended for violent conduct as no card was given.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Ok, Beath is the devil incarnate and also quite a bad ref. Kurt Ams or whoever was in the booth is obviously just a bit blind or just doesn't know the rules. Duke should have been offed. Both pens were clear and obvious, even if the second one was unfair. Those are the rules we now play by and it was consistent. VAR is ruining the game. A game that should never have been played in the dangerous heat conditions.
But...
But...
But...
We didn't lose because of any of those things. We lost because we had eight great chances to score and we scored twice. Because Elsey - not Blackwood - isn't, any longer, good enough. Because D'Arrigo is brilliant for a kid but is not Isaias and needs support. Because Strain thinks he's a far better player than he is and didn't mark his player. Because, for all his guile on the ball, Troisi misplaces about 8-10 passes each week and loses the ball due to his lack of pace another three times. Because every time we don't play Marrone we lose half the football brains on the pitch. Because WSW can finish.

Nicola was amazing tonight. MOM by a mile - (pardon the pun). Blackwood was, despite all the detractors, easily one of the best on ground. Those two drove us forward.

It may be time for us to actually ask Verbeek to do some more managing. Halloran looks lost and the system isn't working at the back. They're young and they'll get better and we could have been 4-1 up at half time...but...we weren't. He has to find an answer. Dragging Halloran rather than Triosi was crazy. We were killing them with pace. I admire what Troisi can do with the ball but he's a liability too many times. Then bringing Kitto on instead of Opseth, who has really good feet,was questionable.

Still, entertaining stuff for many of the wrong reasons but about 2000% better than last week's tepid capitulation.

And the sky tonight over the main grandstand was a work of art.

I will now stick pins in my Chris Beath doll......
shinAUFC

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamborree!!!©

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Some players have it and some don’t, Georgie will never have if.
As for beath and AMS on VAR, absolutely incompetent on every level from the non red in the 1st
How does Toure receive a yellow for retaliation after being fouled in the box but Mitch duke kicks out at a player, a clear red to every single person watching and actually gets awarded the free kick.

The handball pen is bullshit I agree but is consistent with what we've seen this season. It would be nice to know the thought process on some of those calls tonight. Result aside, the officiating was some of the worst I've seen in a while.
I agree, football was a better sport before VAR imo, I'm ok with VAR for offsides but thats it.

We suffered similar bs handball against sfc earlier this season. Ironically Harper was waxing lyrical that under the new rules if it touches the hand no matter what its a hand ball under the new rules and how fantastic this was( for SFC obviously ). His feelings have changed somewhat now that WSW were on the end of it.

I think we have seen the end of blackwood, his rumoured january transfer will give him a new start. I can't see him coming back from that.

Time and again this league never fails to disappoint!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”