Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby blahblah Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Where did that come from?
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:28 pm

From the massive reservoir of missed chances from the past.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:29 pm

We'll take the win but we didn't deserve a point let alone all three.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Adelaide United 2-1 Newcastle Jets

Game over!

Deserved or not the 3 home points are very welcome.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Got away with that one! Big win going into the bye.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Not sure we deserved that, however I'll take the 3 points!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm

From the massive reservoir of missed chances from the past.

B)
Nailed it
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:34 pm

We were poor but im not to bothered.

Sfc and city have poor games but the brilliance of their marquees usually see them get over the line with a single shot or deft touch.. This time troisi did this for us and its something this club has historically lacked.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm

It was better than last week......in the same way that a broken thumb is better than a broken back. But in that heat, they should all be given medals.
Fox TV should be given a jail term for player and fan abuse. The forecast was there all week and we played at the worst time on the worst day. It's not cool in any way.
If we bring Elsey back in then lets give Strain some time on the bench and put Marrone back on the right. Strain has been lost and he's not syncing with Halloran. Halloran was rubbish tonight and has been missing in action for too long.
Just a crazy game with so many chances both ways. We were fortunate but, in football, you ride your luck.
A brilliant goal from Troisi but it hardly covers the numerous missed passes, the lack of pace and very unclear positioning. He has that little bit of magic but he needs to rediscover the form we saw a coupe of weeks back when he made his passes count.
Anyway.....gripe, gripe....a win without McGree and when we played pretty poorly against a team who have been getting better. We'll just take it and hope the week off pays dividends.
What a crowd though....don't think they'll be building extra stands or shade for that number. The club could simply have invited us all into the main grandstand.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm

It was better than last week......in the same way that a broken thumb is better than a broken back. But in that heat, they should all be given medals.
Fox TV should be given a jail term for player and fan abuse. The forecast was there all week and we played at the worst time on the worst day. It's not cool in any way.
If we bring Elsey back in then lets give Strain some time on the bench and put Marrone back on the right. Strain has been lost and he's not syncing with Halloran. Halloran was rubbish tonight and has been missing in action for too long.
Just a crazy game with so many chances both ways. We were fortunate but, in football, you ride your luck.
A brilliant goal from Troisi but it hardly covers the numerous missed passes, the lack of pace and very unclear positioning. He has that little bit of magic but he needs to rediscover the form we saw a coupe of weeks back when he made his passes count.
Anyway.....gripe, gripe....a win without McGree and when we played pretty poorly against a team who have been getting better. We'll just take it and hope the week off pays dividends.
What a crowd though....don't think they'll be building extra stands or shade for that number. The club could simply have invited us all into the main grandstand.
Bozza said at half time that he hopes when the clubs take over the league, there will be protocols in place for heat. The common consensus seems to be that fox sports makes the decision based on tv viewing. Some clarification would be nice.

Agree with your point on Elsey, Marrone and Strain. Marrone and Halloran would be a good pairing on the left.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Agreed, Strain needs to get some mojo back and Marrone is very good going forward from the right.

Konstandopolous did well when he came on, plenty of energy, maybe could replace the frustrating Blackwood. I'd honestly be happy to see Brook start over Halloran against CCM.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:21 pm

Jessesdad, you do know that the club offered upgrades to fans to sit in the covered areas of the western stand in the absence of a decision by the FFA/ A-League/Fox Sports to not delay the game until 7.30 pm. That was what United requested. The decision makers knew that it was going to be an oppressively hot 38 degrees for several days beforehand, but did nothing. Of course, that meant that the Newcastle contingent and referee stuck to their original accommodation and flight arrangements after the game. A lot of spectators that were bravely sitting in the uncovered eastern stand actually moved to the upper tiers of the western side which was comfortably patronised. The attendance was actually 6004, but I bet that more fans would have attended if the eastern stands (As well as the northern stands!) were fully covered with a roof and provided some protection from extreme weather conditions. I do not agree that the they will not be building new stands for the reason that you put forward. As I said, the stadium does not provide any protection from extreme weather. If anything, last week and today is actually a reason to cover the three stands and make it a more complete stadium. If we secure the Women's World Cup, they should cover each of the stands and fill in the corners. They should incorporate the heritage-listed church behind the southern end of the stadium into the design of the upgraded stadium and use is it as a bar where the spectators can go after a game.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:45 am

Fantastic game from Izzo. MOTM for me.
Jessesdad

Postby Jessesdad Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:50 am

Jessesdad, you do know that the club offered upgrades to fans to sit in the covered areas of the western stand in the absence of a decision by the FFA/ A-League/Fox Sports to not delay the game until 7.30 pm.
No, I had no idea that was offered. When? How? I am a member and have been forever so I suppose I was told if others were but I heard or saw nothing. If it was a paid upgrade then that's not an offer, considering the conditions.
Anyway, I hope you're right about the stands and cover but until this crazy city and its huge football playing population decide that it's a genuine football gift to have a local team that does so well and plays in such a great stadium, therefore making membership and seats an issue of waiting lists, I cannot see any government helping us out. Extremely happy to be wrong about that.
Jessesdad

Postby Jessesdad Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am

Fantastic game from Izzo. MOTM for me.
100%!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”