Song for D’Arrigo?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Song for D’Arrigo?

Postby otto62 Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Do we need a song for D’Arrigo. He’s becoming an important part of the team. (Unless I’ve missed it and he already has one.)

D’Arrigo
Always believe in your soul
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructible.
Always believe it.

(and repeat)
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Song for D’Arrigo?

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:01 pm

haha wow, that's .... wait for it
gold!!!

seriously, i likey
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:40 pm

I like it. It is a definite "goer." However, while we are at it, can we get a decent club song. Either get someone to write a new song with meaningful lyrics and a catchy tune or find a existing song which is suitable. I have been to every game bar three since United's inception. I didn't realy like "United is Rolling Along" because it hardly got the crowd going. I absolutely detest "Wonderwall" which was suggested by the Red Army. This song is "whiney" and has no significance to the club. I understand Melbourne City using it as Oasis are Man. City fans. What significance does it have to our club? It does NOT get the crowd going. We need a song that is easy to sing along to and one that excites the crowd. In the past, I have suggested, "We are United" by INXS, a song that was written and performed during an Australia Day celebration in Canberra. Griffin and Co. did not even get back to me about that. The song has significance to the youth of Australia and has the catchy lyrics, "We are United,We are United in Australia. That is a song that gets the crowd going. "Wonderwall" does not. Sitting in the western grandstand, I have actually heard people groaning when that song goes on. I envy, Melbourne Victory having the inspirational "Stand By Me" and Western United playing "Go West." Then you listen to the songs that Juventus and AC Milan have as club songs and quickly realize that " Wonderwall>" has to go.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm

I agree re Wonderwall. I actually like the song but not at all for our walkout song.

You can forget about someone writing a song for us. We need to adopt one that is already available.

Stand by me is good for Victory
Never tear is apart is good for the Pear.

Something like these.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:25 pm

EdDog WATR forumites,, have you been on Youtube and listened to "We are United" by INXS? It isn't well-known, but it is relevant,catchy and having "We are United,We are United in Australia" in its chorus suits the club. It is uniquely Australian and perfect for the Reds. It will need to be slightly reworked and shortened, but could be introduced with a live performance by one of Adelaide's leading bands. The "We are United" words could be part of radio and television adverts and on club stationery as a motto . Flash the lyrics up on the electronic scoreboard and you will have more than the Red Army singing along and getting "warmed up" before kickoff.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Sorry but i can't see the crowd joining in with We are United.
It needs to be a super well known song.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 am

It is still miles better than Wonderwall. Any suggestions then. A friend said that he would like the song "Valerie" but with the lyrics substituting Valerie for.....Adelaide. That would involving substituting all the lyrics so it can be solely about United.That is catchy also.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:55 am

Let's let the Gallagher's represent their own "Wonderwall" since they're in Australia.

I saw one Tuesday night.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:57 am

He called his band mate a "ginger crunt"

We need a new song.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:33 pm

I dont think our song needs to have anything to do with United or SA. Sweet Caroline, Forever blowing bubbles, Stand by me; all great songs for their respective clubs.

As for D'Arrigo maybe Adams Family tune?

Something about replacing Me Amigo with D'Arrigo?

We lost Me Amigo
But now we've got D'Arrigo
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 pm

He called his band mate a "ginger crunt"

We need a new song.
It was actually somebody in the crowd, don't think you get his sense of humour much mate.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Im not sure D’Arrigo will be here long enough to get any traction behind a song sadly.

Hopefully he sticks around longer than mcgree
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds United

Postby Reds United Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:47 pm

I am not Italian or even a supporter of any Italian football club. However, I love the club anthems of AC Milan and Juventus. The crowd identifies with the respective anthems and sings them with gusto. Truly inspirational and relevant to the club. "Rolling Along" isn't that song that,"Warms up the crowd" before kickoff. Even worse is the dreary and whiney, "Wonderwall." I am ok with popular songs that actually have relevance to our club. Melbourne Victory's choice of "Stand By Me" is a good choice and the fans identify with it and sing it proudly in support of their club. I attend every match and I can confidently claim that people do not identify with Wonderwall. It does not inspire at all. What do you WATR forumites suggest as a song that the club should adopt?
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:52 am

What do you WATR forumites suggest as a song that the club should adopt?
Same one I always do; 'Bound for South Australia'.

Im not sure D’Arrigo will be here long enough to get any traction behind a song sadly.
I really hope that isn't the case as at his age it is terribly difficult to find starting DM positions of the nature he currently enjoys.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 am

My original suggestion was a shortened and reworked version of "We are United" by INXS, with an emphasis on the chorus. The chorus is, "We are United. We are United in Australia." In a reworked version, the song could include the chant that we hear between two stands at Coopers Stadium. That is, "Adelaide.................United".............Adelaide ..............United. Just an idea.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”