Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Rojos Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Pretty dour match but that's Brisbane Roar.

Look at basically every match they've played and its the same shit show, except maybe rd1 vs Perth.

We take the points and move on with only real concern being Opseth taking a long time to come good and perhaps CB/LB issues.

At this stage we're making finals but not contending.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 pm

I hope we beat these pricks.
I find their recruitment this summer offensive to local football and want it disproved.
X2.

Fowler disrespected the league by signing a bunch of League Two shitkickers. Plus Roar fans are annoying and have delusions of grandeur (Thankfully not to the same extent as Victory fans).
Still only four games in but it doesn't look good for Fowler. Whilst Gombau at the same stage didnt have the results you could see what he was working toward.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Pretty dour match but that's Brisbane Roar.

Look at basically every match they've played and its the same shit show, except maybe rd1 vs Perth.

We take the points and move on with only real concern being Opseth taking a long time to come good and perhaps CB/LB issues.

At this stage we're making finals but not contending.
Yep its hard to play attractive football with 5 men at the back and zero room between the lines.

Its a tad unrealistic to expect any team to entertain under those circumstances.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 am

Did enough to to get the win. I'll take that any week. Not our best performance, but I think we play better against better teams who actually attack and give us more space to work in.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:56 am

Yeah but even putting aside Brisbane's game plan there were a lot of sloppy mistakes, misplaced passes, etc. Mileusnic worked hard all game and had good moments but he & Kitto were not on the same wavelength at all.
Troisi playing deep was not something I'd expect to see but he did really well. Partly I reckon he was there because of his ability to score long range goals, couple of times the ball fell to him while he was lurking outside the area.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 am

Brisbane were as bad as any team I have ever seen at Hindmarsh - and that's saying something. We controlled the match for long periods but it was one of those days. Toure was all over the place - and not in a good way. Troisi played about four terrible passes in a row to start but got much better and his brilliance made the goal for Riley, who took it beautifully.
But Brisbane should have scored - if any of them could shoot - if we didn't have Izzo and the most committed defence in the game.
Kitto was back to bad but he wasn't alone. Mileusnic is SO much better this season and the fact that we can rely on him and Troisi for 90 mins is huge bonus.
It was a disjointed effort all round and hardly unexpected given the afore-mentioned loss of players. To take the three points was necessary and we did. So roll on....
We've all had worse nights at Hindmarsh so this one goes in the 'forget about quickly' basket and hopefully we can get back on track to clean up CCM next week.
And...being one who really questioned signing Troisi, if he keeps that sort of effort up I shall happily eat my words.
Oh, and Opseth's looking more and more like the striker we needed last year...but not this year. I hope he nicks a hat-trick to boost his confidence soon.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Opseth's looking more and more like the striker we needed last year...but not this year. I hope he nicks a hat-trick to boost his confidence soon.
Yeah so true!

To me opseth looks great, has had some great touches , been able to both beat his man and set up players around him.

Probably just lacking some game time to adapt fully to the league.

What a position to be in having a player like opseth on the bench. Very very foreign to aufc fans
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm feeling a lot more positive about this than maybe some others are; as Shin noted, it's nigh on impossible to play entertaining, flowing football against a side playing a back 5 and which insists on clogging the midfield (to their own detriment). That we got through to their 18 yd box at all was remarkable. We also scored three times, despite the Meow's suffocating game plan; with just a little repositioning of the two times that were clearly offside, we'd all be jumping for joy at the strong win. So I wouldn't get too concerned with the narrowness of the win; the Meow were terrible and were my tip for the wooden spoon this season. (I also tipped Robbie Fowler to be the first A-League coach sacked this year; not because he is a terrible coach, because he isn't, but because he has inherited the worst list in the league. Even the Central Toast are showing signs of life this season and that is saying something).

I remarked to my brother, halfway through the first half, "How is it possible that a team that is coached by Robbie Fowler cannot string more than 2 - 3 passes together before losing possession?" Neither of us had an answer for that one.

We have so much upside to come. Maria, Jacko and Marrone were all first class all night; Kitto was on and off, but he held his end up and might even have scored from long range; plus we have Elsey to come back in a couple of weeks. Troisi is really growing into his role as the new #6 and his passing play looks more like Isaias's every week. Opseth will come good, but he needs more game time and is clearly not match fit. Toure had an off day but his is the type of talent that could be quiet for a couple of weeks and then explode. The kid is 19, so let's give him some room to grow and not expect miracles week in, week out. Izzo was just class all night.

Their captain Aldred is just a thug and I hope someone at the FFA reviews his punch into the stomach of one of our players right at the end of the match; I think it might have been Maria but I'd have to review the tape. Noone will of course, because the FFA is spineless and useless, but that rubbish has to be stamped out.

I must also put in a word for the Iranian referee, who was the best that I have seen this year. (Can't recall his name, alas). He let the game flow, he didn't blow up for tiny infractions, but he kept a close eye on misbehaviour, such as the Meow's goalkeeper timewasting in the first half. He gave him a quiet talking to - in a foreign language, remember - and the timewasting stopped immediately. No card, no histrionics, no pushing and shoving of the ref from his teammates; it was exactly how the game should be refereed and was redolent of the best of the EPL referees. Perhaps some of his colleagues could start watching his tapes.

So it was not a match to remember - which is a tad ironic, given what weekend it was - but we got the job done. If we were offered a 1 - 0 win prior to the match, I guarantee that everyone of us would have taken it.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”