James Troisi

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: James Troisi

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Pros:
threat going forward

Cons:
not a CDM,
poor work rate,
reported attitude issue,
not much of a team player,
has pushed Konst and other kids further down the line,
If McGree gets pushed more defensively it's also a con as we lose McGree's forward threat.
Agree.

Plus he's a mercenary and will jump ship as soon as someone offers more $$$.

Not a defensive midfielder? We have Louis D'Arrigo, Michael Marrone, Michael Maria/Vince Lia that can play there. We can offload Vince Lia (Swap deal) and replace him in the January transfer window or give D'Arrigo a chance to develop and make that position his own.
Poor work rate is not something associated with him. He is a more technical player who can offer creativity,versatility and goals. He doesn't need to run around like a headless chook.
Not much of a team player? If he creates chances for his team mates and scores his fair share of goals, then he is doing it for the team not just himself. He has done it well throughout his career.
He has pushed Konstandopoulos and other kids further down the line? Football is a squad game. The kids can learn from class players like Troisi and they will need to work hard and take their chance when it arrives ( When first eleven players are injured or suspended. )There are thirty games this season and the kids will get opportunitIes to play.
Verbeek has already signalled that he wants to play an attacking game. He will use both McGree and Troisi in attacking roles. It is more likely that Boland will sit a little deeper in the midfield.Don't forget that Troisi is versatile and can also play as a left sided attacker.
Mercenary? He has signed a two year contract and is now a family man. He probably wants to settle back in home town after spending sixteen years away. He has been there and done that and played in six countries, so it is probably the case that he wants to play the final years of his career here in Adelaide and settle his family here.
We desperately needed a DM and Troisi isn't it.

D'Arrgio isn't ready yet. CCM were able to walk through our midfield last week. Verbeek also said pre game that he could do a job for a couple of games but can't be expected to play every week. Vince Lia is a good back up option, not a starter. Maria is our starting left winger while Marrone is the only defensive cover we have.

Troisi is lazy at times and I think he plays within himself a lot. He is a very selfish player from what I've seen as well.

He is a mercenary as well. He has a history of running down his contract, refusing contract extensions and initiating talks with other clubs. I think the only reason he signed is because no one else wants him.

I am worried that we will take minutes away from Konstand and Brook tbh. The argument can be made that he will teach them things in training but players improve more when they are playing and our kids need to get regular game time or they'll leave.
To a man with only a hammer everything looks like a nail
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Pros:
threat going forward

Cons:
not a CDM,
poor work rate,
reported attitude issue,
If McGree gets pushed more defensively it's also a con as we lose McGree's forward threat.
Agree.

Not a defensive midfielder? We have Louis D'Arrigo, Michael Marrone, Michael Maria/Vince Lia that can play there. We can offload Vince Lia (Swap deal) and replace him in the January transfer window or give D'Arrigo a chance to develop and make that position his own.
Poor work rate is not something associated with him. He is a more technical player who can offer creativity,versatility and goals. He doesn't need to run around like a headless chook.
Not much of a team player? If he creates chances for his team mates and scores his fair share of goals, then he is doing it for the team not just himself. He has done it well throughout his career.
He has pushed Konstandopoulos and other kids further down the line? Football is a squad game. The kids can learn from class players like Troisi and they will need to work hard and take their chance when it arrives ( When first eleven players are injured or suspended. )There are thirty games this season and the kids will get opportunitIes to play.
Verbeek has already signalled that he wants to play an attacking game. He will use both McGree and Troisi in attacking roles. It is more likely that Boland will sit a little deeper in the midfield.Don't forget that Troisi is versatile and can also play as a left sided attacker.
Mercenary? He has signed a two year contract and is now a family man. He probably wants to settle back in home town after spending sixteen years away. He has been there and done that and played in six countries, so it is probably the case that he wants to play the final years of his career here in Adelaide and settle his family here.

D'Arrgio isn't ready yet. CCM were able to walk through our midfield last week. Verbeek also said pre game that he could do a job for a couple of games but can't be expected to play every week. Vince Lia is a good back up option, not a starter. Maria is our starting left winger while Marrone is the only defensive cover we have.

Troisi is lazy at times and I think he plays within himself a lot. He is a very selfish player from what I've seen as well.

He is a mercenary as well. He has a history of running down his contract, refusing contract extensions and initiating talks with other clubs. I think the only reason he signed is because no one else wants him.

I am worried that we will take minutes away from Konstand and Brook tbh. The argument can be made that he will teach them things in training but players improve more when they are playing and our kids need to get regular game time or they'll leave.
I can understand why people think I’m being negative for the sake of being negative but I’m really not.

I genuinely believe this signing to be a terrible piece of business, not only from a squad building perspective but also due to his attitude as well. I don’t like being negative but the cons outweigh the pros by far.
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RE: Re: James Troisi

Postby EdDog Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Pros:
threat going forward

Cons:
not a CDM,
poor work rate,
reported attitude issue,
Agree.

I can understand why people think I’m being negative for the sake of being negative but I’m really not.

I genuinely believe this signing to be a terrible piece of business, not only from a squad building perspective but also due to his attitude as well. I don’t like being negative but the cons outweigh the pros by far.
I agree.
He's a good player, just not the player we need.
I'll still support him and the team and hope it turns out to be a great move and that he carries us to the toilet seat!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 pm

I dont think your being negative.

I do think there are some sweeping assumptions in there though.

For example verbeek said in a recent interview

“I have given my thoughts about the sort of player we want and it has to somebody who has creativity and can bring some experience and quality into the team.
Surely this puts the dm issue to rest? Yes the club have mentioned they wanted a dm, however it seems the manager has assessed the situation and changed approach and got what he wanted.

If the man calling the shots says we need creativity and not a dm pivot then im happy for him to get what he wants . ( Although i greatly prefer isa back there !! )

The other issue is that he is too good for the younger kids to get a run? This is professional football not a school sports day.

Its also easy to make assumptions on his attitude based on his public persona but what about the part where his friends and family will be at the games and a proud guy like himself will want to perform.

As an aufc fan troisi has not been a fav of mine and i think he has some way to go to earn most fans trust
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm looking forward to his first goal against MV.
:mrgreen:

Sorry Herr.Kurz, we had something once but there's a new dude in town ... :box:

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 pm

James Troisi speaks.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”