Members Forum - AEC 5th August

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jessesdad
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Re: Members Forum - AEC 5th August

Postby Jessesdad Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:38 am

Oh yeah, there was quite a lot of talk about 'media coverage' and it would seem that Val remains just as well-loved by the club as ever. NOT!

Genuine shame about not wanting in the the WWC bid.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:01 am

Great recap jessesdad. Much better than my iPhone typed brief. I think you pretty much picked up on everything. Didn’t you love Gertjan’s pleasant demeanour when put on the spot to answer a question. He looked ready to throttle his fellow countrymen...
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Thanks for the recap.

I find Nathan Kosminas point about Nike and Adidas kits interesting and disappointing.

Interesting that a team like Wellington can have Adidas kits as recently as last season.

Disappointing that they seem to have no ambitions to improve in that area.

Kits are not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but they've obviously had enough feedback on the issue to mention it.
Jessesdad

Postby Jessesdad Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Great recap jessesdad. Much better than my iPhone typed brief. I think you pretty much picked up on everything. Didn’t you love Gertjan’s pleasant demeanour when put on the spot to answer a question. He looked ready to throttle his fellow countrymen...
Yeah, didn't he just LOVE being called out! :lol:
Jessesdad

Postby Jessesdad Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks for the recap.

I find Nathan Kosminas point about Nike and Adidas kits interesting and disappointing.

Interesting that a team like Wellington can have Adidas kits as recently as last season.

Disappointing that they seem to have no ambitions to improve in that area.

Kits are not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but they've obviously had enough feedback on the issue to mention it.
Nathan did mention that they are doing a complete review of the whole merchandising area and hoping to move away from the 'traditional' approach. I just hope that doesn't mean we're going to be offered AU car seat covers, etc..
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Sounds very positive.

Unfortunate about phil king however. I feel he has totally mis understood football fans and football culture. I would say most families want the typical euro football culture at games and are not overly concerned about their kids hearing the odd word that their parents probably already regularly use. Families do however want the trouble makers and drunken louts removed from the stadium as do we all.

I looked up phil king and am relieved he is the coopers/ aec GM rather than being apart of club heirachy.

I agree with jessesdad, we have had positive fan engagement initiatives before proof is in the pudding! Though i must say i cant think think of a time when the club appeared more professional than it does now.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Great recap, would have loved to have been there if I could have been.

Bruce sounded like he gave Goody a little clip on the way out too. I like the youth factor and hope to see more of them as we do have a lot of talent particularly in an attacking sense. I mean we were horrendously boring to watch at times so a spark is necessary.

Kits aren't a huge issue for me, if it's red I'll wear it and I don't really care who makes it.

As for the move away from Hindmarsh, it has to happen IMO. I, like everyone else, love the place but if we can't renovate then a new multi-purpose venue is a must. Adelaide Oval has done wonders for the city, imagine having that every week during the summer period too.

Where the cash comes from is another thing.

Can't wait for those final 2 signings, and I do wonder if Bruce's comment to that player may have been to his good mate Mr Troisi.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:19 pm

It is good to hear the Kurz issue articulated well. It was what most of us suspected, nothing particularly nefarious just a difference in philosophy.

Was there any mention of moves the club is making to attain their AFC Club licence?
Jessesdad

Postby Jessesdad Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm

It is good to hear the Kurz issue articulated well. It was what most of us suspected, nothing particularly nefarious just a difference in philosophy.

Was there any mention of moves the club is making to attain their AFC Club licence?
Nothing was mentioned and I forgot to ask. Apologies.
Nathan did say that he was happy for people to email or drop in to ask more at any time.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this but Chelo is running the kids clinics during school holidays.

Yet another AUFC legend back in the fold.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”