Police at victory games

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Police at victory games

Postby Reds Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 pm

So what a win that was and it should be a night of celebration. However it seems the police were very heavy handed and were over stepping their authority to search persons in the lead up to this game.

Did anyone have interactions of a positive or negative nature tonight?

There is a lot of noise about how they went about it tonight and I got one saw some very heavy handed policing that was unjustified.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Police at victory games

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Correct me if im wrong , but i thought police cannot conduct a search unless they have reason to suspect you have commited an offence or if you consent to the search?

Obviously conditions of entry do involve a security bag search but thats a little different.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds

Postby Reds Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Yeah the searches were in the hours leading up to the game. Seemed random and with no authority. It also seems the red army capo was a victim of this too and not allowed into the game? Is anyone out there that can fact check this.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Yeah the searches were in the hours leading up to the game. Seemed random and with no authority. It also seems the red army capo was a victim of this too and not allowed into the game? Is anyone out there that can fact check this.
Brutal if so! It was apparently his last game , moving away from adelaide or something
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 am

Red Army capo Glenn was kicked out of the ground for swearing, apparently. Ridiculous. Late in the first half he was allowed back in.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:03 am

Red Army capo Glenn was kicked out of the ground for swearing, apparently. Ridiculous. Late in the first half he was allowed back in.

What, kicked out for swearing in Australia?

Fark me, you'd have to farken kick the whole farking population out of the farken country, farken fark me. :mrgreen:

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 am

Twitter people claiming they were pulled out of pubs one by one and searched and soberity tests conducted.
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:51 am

Twitter people claiming they were pulled out of pubs one by one and searched and soberity tests conducted.
And does this ever happen to afl games where there are heaps of fights in the crowd. Seems the police really don’t like ‘sokkah’ fans.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:47 pm

I don't know why the so-called professional SAPOL (which, may I remind everyone: the purpose of a police organisation is to serve, not to be a force) always lose their IQ whenever we play Melbourne.

At least until a certain point several seasons ago, our 2-2 draw vs Victory (Gombau's second game in charge, when we wore the commemorative kits), was the most peaceful game in the club's history. There was one arrest and only three evictions from memory. This didn't stop a music journalist (Sam Kelton) from writing a piece of war correspondence about the match.

Yes - it was more peaceful than even our games against CCM and Wellington.

This toxic nightclub mentality of 'trouble and you're out' is toxic nonsense and needs to be stamped out. I'm sure SAPOL can do something other than hassle sports fans.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds

Postby Reds Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 pm

I recall that article. It was all about the potential for violence but glossed over the fact there was no actual violence.

As for sapol, by all accounts are rather heavy handed and biased against a league fans.

At the start of the season I was verbally abused for walking across the street out the front of the joiners because I mistakenly thought the street was closed. My mistake but to be called a dickhead in front of children by sapol was uncalled for and he was just looking for a reason to lock me up. My wife pulled me across knowing he wanted to fight. It’s a shame the club and the ffa seem happy to cop this and not stick up for us.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Since the inception of the A-League, I have always sat in the western grandstand and parked my car near South Road. Last year, however, I was given a lift by a friend who always parks on the eastern side of the stadium ( For a United/Victory game!). As we walked out of the stadium towards my friend's car, I was shocked to see the massive police presence. The were police cars and vans, officers on foot and on horses, etc. It was like a war zone/ military operation. I just think that all this is a massive overreaction, especially when you consider how few incidents there has been between the United and Victory fans. You may argue that all this police presence actually prevents violence after the games, but I don't think it is necessary to have so many police deployed to the stadium. I think it reveals the SAPOL attitude to football fans as thugs and is totally wrong and discriminatory. Inside the ground, why do we have police patrolling the western grandstand? There haven't been any incidents in all the years that I have sat in that stand. There have been far more incidents at AFL matches, but our media vultures and police force try to perpetuate the idea that football matches are a breeding ground of mob violence.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

I believe the police have the support of the mainstream media as far as soccer and its supporters are concerned, therefore they can be overly aggressive with wog ball fans and the mainstream press will always be on their side, even encouraging them to be harder.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:39 pm

It would truly be glorious if we could organise a march to a game with a mix of mvfc and aufc fans. All together laughing as confused sapol members have no idea what to do, they would probably just pepper spray everyone and it would be written up as a riot.
Reds

Postby Reds Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:25 pm

It would truly be glorious if we could organise a march to a game with a mix of mvfc and aufc fans. All together laughing as confused sapol members have no idea what to do, they would probably just pepper spray everyone and it would be written up as a riot.
They wouldn’t allow it, they segregate everyone. I love how Celtic and rangers games are now policed. They went the other way and stopped the segregation to and from games and they noticed al the bravado stopped when they realised police wouldn’t stop them going over to opposition fans.

Sapol really could use some tips on how to police football because what they are doing now is over the top and causes more issues. Especially with the illegal searches and heavy handed tactics.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:42 am

At afl games the police are usually laid back and enjoy themselves, go to an a league game and they mist be briefed to expect a riot and casualties. They seem on edge with bad attitudes and very combative and that comes down to their perception and bias towards the game.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”