2019 SANPL

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: 2019 SANPL

Postby blahblah Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:58 pm

So is it automatic promotion for modbury jets? Will be good having a northern derby back in the npl.
Based on the finals, I think.
sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Cristiano's son and Kerrin Stokes are on the bench for City today while another SA lad in Courtney-Perkins was impressive for Roar in the cup. Yaya Dukuly is in City's setup as well while Jay Barnett is at Victory.

Why are these guys playing interstate? Is this purely down to us not having U18 teams, U16's, etc in the NPL or are there other factors at play?
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Cristiano's son and Kerrin Stokes are on the bench for City today while another SA lad in Courtney-Perkins was impressive for Roar in the cup. Yaya Dukuly is in City's setup as well while Jay Barnett is at Victory.

Why are these guys playing interstate? Is this purely down to us not having U18 teams, U16's, etc in the NPL or are there other factors at play?
Simply not enough space in our squad for the amount of talent coming out of SA.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Simply not enough space in our squad for the amount of talent coming out of SA.
We only have 5/9 scholarship spots filled though. Surely we could have done more to keep some of these guys around?

I get that some will end up interstate but there seems to be so many SA boys interstate.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:40 pm

I remember one of the directives of the new management was to have fewer juniors on the books of AU but only the ones they considered the best. I think this was so they could better manage the talent / increase the likelihood of juniors playing first team. Bruce talked about this strategy in one of his updates recently.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”